Lore
Call Center calling me This morning I recived a call from a headhunter. She made me a few questions about my daily life in order to evaluate my vocabulary, the usage of past tense and future, and the fluency of my answers. I was like "is a piece of cake" but when I begun to talk, my tongue was disconnected from my mind... Thinking about it, when I've had to writte something in english (an application, a letter or whatever) I've always used an online translator... just like right now! I think I've read A LOT of documents in english; when I watch TV, I really feel I can understand what native english speakers say, so... why I cannot mobilize schoolar grammar from the "file zone" to the "zones-to-speak" into my brain!!?? Now, I've recognized I have a problem; I'm prepared for asking for help (haha).
2

Call Center calling me

This morning I recived a call from a headhunter. She made asked me a few questions about my daily life in order to evaluate my vocabulary, the usage of past tense and future, and the fluency of my answers.
I was like "this is a piece of cake" but when I began to talk, my tongue was disconnected from my mind. Thinking about it, when I've had to writte something in English (an application, a letter or whatever), I've always used an online translator... just like right now!
I think I've read A LOT of documents in English; when I watch TV, I really feel I can understand what native English speakers say, so why can't I cannot mobilize move schoolar English grammar from the "file zone" to the "speaking zone" into my brain!!??
Now, I've recognized I have a problem; I'm prepared for to asking for help (haha).

I understand this problem! I feel quite confident reading and writing in French, and my listening has gotten much better, but sometimes I cannot remember the words when I'm speaking! I've been practicing speaking a lot more, and it's helping. Good luck!

I think the vocabulary of understanding comes before the vocabulary of expression. This is true with me and it is true with little children, they can understand much more than they can say. I think we just need to keep practicing :).