Colombia’s First Legal Euthanasia Case Last week, Ovidio Gonzalez Carrera, the father of a well-known Colombian caricaturist whose nickname is “Matador” asked for euthanasia. Although, from 1997 to 2015 there was a legal loophole that allowed physicians to perform euthanasia on terminal ill patients, this was the first case after the Colombian Supreme Court legalized it this year. Mister Ovidio suffered from mouth cancer. His face was deformed because of this illness. He stated that he was suffering from unbearable attacks of pain, and that was the reason he asked for euthanasia. The law says that in the case of Mister Ovidio euthanasia is allowed. When Mister Ovidio asked for it one of the physicians who work at the Oncological Clinic in Pereira refused to perform it. This physician alleged that Ovidio could not ask for euthanasia. Following the news of the refusal of his father’s euthanasia, “Matador” published the case on social networks. As expected, many Christian preachers and haters wrote to “Matador” that both, his father and him would go to hell. It seems like everywhere some people struggle to understand that the Bible is not the Constitution. The plus side was that the Colombian Supreme Court judges learned about the case and asked the physicians that work at this clinic to perform the euthanasia. Taking into account that this was a legal procedure and Ovidio met all of the requirements to ask for euthanasia. Mister Ovidio died on last Friday, as he asked. This case was a major step in Colombia for the respect of civil and human rights of Colombian citizens. Many people have a hard time understanding that if they disagree with euthanasia, they just have to not ask for it if they ever suffer from a terminal illness.
1

Colombia’s First Legal Euthanasia Case

Last week, Ovidio Gonzalez Carrera, the father of a well-known Colombian caricaturist whose nickname is “Matador” asked for euthanasia. Although, from 1997 to 2015 there was a legal loophole that allowed physicians to perform euthanasia on terminal ill patients, this was the first case after the Colombian Supreme Court legalized it this year. Mister Ovidio suffered from mouth oral cancer. His face was deformed because of this illness. He stated that he was suffering from unbearable attacks of pain, and that was the reason he asked for euthanasia. The law says that in the case of Mister Ovidio euthanasia is allowed. When Mister Ovidio asked for it one of the physicians who work at the Oncological Clinic in Pereira refused to perform it. This physician alleged that Ovidio could not ask for euthanasia.
Following the news of the refusal of his father’s euthanasia, “Matador” published {more appropriate="posted" on social networks} the case on social networks. As expected, many Christian preachers and haters {better wording: "opponents", "detractors"} wrote to “Matador” that both, his father and him he would go to hell. It seems like everywhere, some people struggle to understand that the Bible is not the Constitution. On the plus side was that the Colombian Supreme Court judges learned about the case,* and asked the physicians that who** work at this clinic to perform the euthanasia. Taking into account that this was a legal procedure and Ovidio met all of the requirements to ask for euthanasia, they sided with him.*** Mister Ovidio died on last Friday, as he asked {better: "had requested"}. This case was a major step in Colombia for the respect of civil and human rights of Colombian citizens. Many people have a hard time understanding that if they disagree with euthanasia, they just have to {or "they (always) have the option to"} not ask for it if they ever suffer from a terminal illness.

*Added a comma here to create a pause, so the sentence flowed better.

**This is a common mistake/oversight, even among Anglophones: "who" refers to people, "that" refers to things.

***This was a incomplete sentence as written (note that "taking" is a gerund, not a verb).

Colombia’s First Legal Euthanasia Case

Last week, Ovidio Gonzalez Carrera, the father of a well-known Colombian caricaturist whose nickname is “Matador” asked for euthanasia ("asked for" is perfect, "requested" sounds better) . Although, from 1997 to 2015 there was a legal loophole that allowed physicians to perform euthanasia on terminally ill patients, this was the first case after the Colombian Supreme Court legalized it this year. Mister Ovidio suffered from mouth cancer. His face was deformed because of this illness. He stated that he was suffering from unbearable attacks of pain, and that was the reason he asked for euthanasia. (Also, *his reason for requesting euthanasia) The law says (states) that in the case of Mister Ovidio euthanasia is allowed. When Mister Ovidio asked for it (made his request), one of the physicians who works/ed at the Oncological Clinic in Pereira refused to perform it. This physician alleged that Ovidio could not ask for euthanasia. (could not legally do so). 
Following the news of the refusal of his father’s euthanasia, “Matador” published (publicized) the case on social networks. As expected, many Christian preachers and haters wrote to “Matador” that both he and his father would go to hell. It seems like everywhere (It seems that no matter where you go) some people struggle to understand that the Bible is not the Constitution. The plus side was that the Colombian Supreme Court judges learned about the case and asked the physicians that who work at this clinic to perform the euthanasia, taking into account that this was a legal procedure and Ovidio met all of the requirements to ask for euthanasia. Mister Ovidio died on/last Friday, as he asked (had requested/had desired). This case was a major step in Colombia for the respect of civil and human rights of Colombian citizens. Many people have a hard time understanding (accepting) that if they disagree with euthanasia, they just have to not ask for it* (they simply have the right not to request it) if they ever suffer from a terminal illness.

An interesting and very well-written piece about a controversial topic.

Blue is for a correction or change that is needed.

Green is for suggestions which fit the style of the piece that you are writing.

Excellent job!

Colombia’s First Legal Euthanasia Case

Last week, Ovidio Gonzalez Carrera, the father of a well-known Colombian caricaturist whose nickname is “Matador” asked for euthanasia. From 1997 to 2015 there was a legal loophole that allowed physicians to perform euthanasia on terminally ill patients, however this was the first case since the Colombian Supreme Court legalized it earlier this year. Mister Ovidio suffered from mouth cancer. His face was deformed because of this illness. He stated that he was suffering from unbearable attacks of pain, and that was the reason he asked for euthanasia. The law says that in the case of Mister Ovidio euthanasia is allowed. When Mister Ovidio asked for it one of the physicians who works at the Oncological Clinic in Pereira refused to perform it, and claimed that Ovidio could not legally ask for euthanasia.
Following the news of the refusal of his father’s euthanasia, “Matador” published the case on social media. As expected, many Christian preachers and haters wrote to “Matador” that both, he and his father would go to hell. It seems like (no matter where you go) everywhere you go some people struggle to understand that the Bible is not the Constitution. The plus side was that the Colombian Supreme Court judges learned about/of the case and (subsequently) asked/ordered?? the physicians that work at the clinic to perform the euthanasia. Taking into account that this was a legal procedure and Ovidio met all of the requirements needed to (legally) ask for/request euthanasia. Mister Ovidio died/passed away last Friday, as he had wished. This case was a major step forward for the respect of civil and human rights in Colombia. Many people have a hard time accepting that if they disagree with euthanasia on moral grounds, they only have the right to refuse it for themselves, not other people.

Your written English is really good Camilo!