Juan
About Montaigne, please correct. I like read to Montaigne. I read philosophy usually all weekends, all the philosophy, but Michael De Montaigne is my favorite. Who was Montaigne?. He was a french philosopher, at the XIV Century. He was the first thinker that he saw the religiosity as a social problem. It's true that he lived during the religious war in Europe between Catholics and protestants, thought he was admired by the king catholic Henry IV and the king protestant Henry V. Montaigne visited Germany, Italy, Switzerland and other countries, and he wrote about the different religions and ways of thinking. He was the first to write about the life, the politics, the society and religion in form of "essay". The essay is a kind of text that analyces about a title or subject. He was the first thinker to propose freedom for all human beings. For this cause he was very attacked by the others intellectuals in your time. What is the legacy of Montaigne?. Is the sentence «Que sais-je?» The sentence «Que sais-je?» in French what I translate as "what do I know?" is the basic proposal the Montaigne. We must doubt everything ¡forever and ever!, the question about religion, politics and thinks already our society are necessary for the human advance.

About Montaigne, please correct.

I like reading to Montaigne. I usually read philosophy every weekend, all the philosophy, but Michael De Montaigne is my favorite.

Who was Montaigne?. He was a French (Don't forget capital letter) philosopher, in the XIV Century. He was the first thinker who saw religion as a social problem. It's true that he lived during the religious war in Europe between Catholics and protestants, althought he was admired by the catholic king Henry IV and the protestant king Henry V.

Montaigne visited Germany, Italy, Switzerland and other countries, and he wrote about the different religions and ways of thinking.

He was the first to write about life, politics, society and religion in form of "essay". The essay is a kind of text that analyces about a title or subject.

He was the first thinker to propose freedom for all human beings. Because of that, he was very attacked by others intellectuals in his time.

What is the legacy of Montaigne?. Is the sentence «Que sais-je?»

The sentence «Que sais-je?» in French what I translate as "what do I know?" is the basic proposal the Montaigne. We must doubt everything ¡forever and ever!, the question about religion, politics and things already our society are necessary for the human advance.

About Montaigne, please correct.

I like  to read Montaigne. I read philosophy usually every weekend, all the philosophy, but Michael De Montaigne is my favorite.

Who was Montaigne?. He was a French philosopher, in  the XIV Century. He was the first thinker that  saw religion  as a social problem. It's true that he lived during the religious war in Europe between Catholics and Protestants, although he was admired by the Catholic king  Henry IV and the  Protestant king Henry V.

He was the first to write about life, politics, society and religion in the  form of "essay". The essay is a kind of text that analyses a title or subject.

He was the first thinker to propose freedom for all human beings. For this cause he was very much attacked by the other intellectuals in his time.

The sentence «Que sais-je?» in French what I translate as "what do I know?" is the basic proposal of Montaigne. We must doubt everything forever and ever!, the question about religion, politics and things which are necessary for human advancement in our society.

Yes I studied Montaigne at University but I have forgotten all this.Thanks for reminding me!