Robert
Olen ollut varsin laiska!=/ Tuossa on pari kysymyksiä Meillä on lakanat omasta takaa. - Miski ei ole "ovat" (lakanat - pl.) ? On "omasta takaa" "vakaa ilmaus" (a set expression)?
1

Olen ollut varsin laiska!=/ Tuossa on pari kysymyksiä

Meillä on lakanat omasta takaa. - Miski Miksi ei "ovat" (lakanat - pl.) ? Onko "omasta takaa" "vakaa ilmaus" (a set expression) --> "Sanonta" in Finnish.

Hello! When you say someone has got something (minulla on, sinulla on, etc.) you always use the singular "on" and never "ovat". Oh and you're right, "omasta takaa" is a set expression. Do you know what it means? It means that you have got something yourself, for example let's say you are going to stay with a friend for a few days, and he asks you if you need sheets. You tell him that you don't need them, because you, yourself, have sheets! Sinulla on lakanat omasta takaa. Did that make sense? :)

"Talon vieressä on puita" - there are (Some) trees next to the house. It suggests that it is not some specific trees you are talking about, just some trees. If you are ever in doubt about whether to use nominative or partitive, choose partitive! Nominative usually means that you know which specific item you are talking about. :) The "lakana-phrase" would also work with partitive (Meillä on lakanoita omasta takaa). I'm sorry I coudn't give you a more precise answer but I hope this helps! ... Or that someone comes and gives you a better explanation!
Talon vieressä on puita. - Täällä puu on monikossa ja partitiivissa, silloin kun lakanat on nominatiivissa.. ..miksi?