YU_YU
2015-07-23 Something to do When I was thirteen years old, I had my first systemic English class at school. Time flys, more than ten years have gone just like a blink of eyes. Everything has changed, but my English.(crying) At that time, all I knew about English was it was one of the three major courses. I had to learn it as well as I could, if I want to go to a good or great college in the future. But I, including many other chinese students, just learn it for passing the exam. Most of time we learn “dumb English”. A few months ago, I met a foreigner. She asked me where is the nearest the subway stop of No.5. I knew where it is, but I didn’t tell her quite fluently. At the end she got the answer she wants, but I was very disappointed and upset. I think it gives me a push, and I want to learn my English well, not for the parents, not for the exams, just for myself. So I restart, now I can feel the every bit of my progress, that’s really encourage me to insist. I hope I can talk with you guys from Italki fluently and standardly some day, I will work very hard on it and look forward to the day to come.
2

2015-07-23 Something to do

When I was thirteen years old, I had my first formal systemic English class at school. Time flies, more than ten years have gone by in just like a blink of an eyes. Everything has changed, but my English.(crying) At that time, all I knew about English was it was one of the three major courses. I had to learn it as well as I could, if I want to go to a good or great college in the future. But I, including many other Chinese students, just learnt it to pass for passing the exam. Most of time we learnt “dumb English”.
A few months ago, I met a foreigner. She asked me where is the nearest the subway stop of for No.5 was. I knew where it was, but I didn’t give her accurate directions in English.tell her quite fluently. At In the end she got the answer she wanted, but I was very disappointed and upset. I think it gave gives me a push, and I want to learn my English well, not for the my parents, not for the exams, just for myself.
So I started again, restart, now I can feel the every bit of my progress, that’s really encouraging me to persist insist. I hope I can talk with you guys from Italki fluently and standardly some day, I will work very hard on it and look forward to the days to come.

2

2015-07-23 Something to do

When I was thirteen years old, I had my first systemic[1] English class at school. Time flies, more than ten years have gone by just like[2] the blink of an eye. Everything has changed, but my English.(crying) At that time, all I knew about English was it was one of the three major courses. I had to learn it as well as I could, if I wanted to go to a good or great college in the future. But I, and many other chinese students, just learnt it to passing the exam. Most of time we learnt “dumb English”.
A few months ago, I met a foreigner. She asked me where is the nearest the subway stop of No.5 line. I knew where it is, but I didn’t tell her very fluently. At the end she got the answer she wanted, but I was very disappointed and upset. I think it gave me a push, and I want to learn my English well, not for my parents, not for the exams, just for myself.
So I restarted, now I can feel the every bit of my progress, that’s really encouraging me to persevere[3]. I hope I can talk with you guys from Italki fluently and standardly[4] some day, I will work very hard on it and look forward to that day to come.

My usual colours red for errors, green for more natural speech.

[1] That's not a very good word - it is usually a very technical word. What idea did you want to convey?

[2] in the blink of an eye is more idiomatic.

[3] I guess that's what you mean?

[4] I know that there is standard Chinese, and dialects. The same doesn't really apply in English.

1

When I was thirteen years old, I had my first systemic English class at school. Time flies, more than ten years have gone just like a blink of eyes. Everything has changed, but my English.(crying) At that time, all I knew about English was one of the three major courses. I had to learn it as well as I could, if I want to go to a good or great college in the future. But I, including many other chinese students, learnt it just for passing the exam. Most of time we learnt “dumb English”. 

A few months ago, I met a foreigner. She asked me where is the nearest subway stop of No.5. I knew where it is, but I didn’t tell her quite fluently. At the end she got the answer she wanted, but I was very disappointed and upset. I think it gave me a push, and I want to learn English well, not for parents, not for exams, just for myself.
So I restarted, now I can feel every bit of my progress, that’s really encouraging me to insist. I hope I can talk with you guys from Italki fluently some day, I will work very hard on it and look forward to the day to come.