John
my childhood Well, I remember being very happy in my childhood, and have a lot of fond memories of that stage in my life. That is why I enjoy my childhood the most. I was born and grew up in a peaceful tiny village in southern China. Even if I haven't live there for a long time, I still reminisce my hometown, my childhood . There's a creek close the place where I used to live. It was a great fun to chase and scream in it in summer time because while the weather there was scorching hot, it was so cool for us to stay in water. Actually, swimming is also believed to be a basic survivor skill in that place, not just for fun. As a result, before I went to primary school, my grandfather had taught me how to swim. Nowadays, when I am swimming in a swimming pool, it still reminds me of the joy in those days. Besides that, when the weather was cool in autumn, I used to go fishing with a group of childhood friends. And we could sit at the banks of the creek for a few hours until we got a bite. I even once caught a turtle, and kept it as a pet for a few years. When all is said and done. In my childhood, I was always light of heart and free from care, which could the another important reason for my enjoyment of that stage.

my childhood

Well, I remember being very happy in my childhood, and have a lot of fond memories of that stage in my life.
That is why I enjoyed my childhood so much.

I was born and grew up in a peaceful tiny village in southern China. Even though I haven't lived there for a long time, I still reminisce about my hometown, my childhood.

There's a creek close by the place where I used to live. It was great fun to chase and scream in it in summer time because while the weather there was scorching hot, it was so cool for us to stay in the water. Actually, swimming is also believed to be a basic survivor skill in that place, not just for fun. As a result, before I went to primary school, my grandfather had taught me how to swim. Nowadays, when I am swimming in a swimming pool, it still reminds me of the joy in those days.

Besides that, when the weather was cool in autumn, I used to go fishing with a group of childhood friends. We could sit at the banks of the creek for a few hours until we got a bite. Once I even caught a turtle and kept it as a pet for a few years.

When all is said and done, in my childhood I was always light of heart and free from care, which could be another important reason for my enjoyment of that stage.

===

Nostalgia anyone? Nice job. Keep in mind in formal English sentences can't be as choppy as informal (which you used here).