juan castro
My new friend for language exchange A couple of days before I met a girl who is learning spanish, she is from Unites States and of course she is an english native speaker. Today in the morning we could have a little talk through skype, it was very embarrassing to me because my english speaking is not good enough, so I could not understand many or almost all what she told me. What a surprise when she started to talk in spanish; her spanish level is pretty good. I have never thought to make friends from different countries around the world with who talk and learn too, this has been a great experience, I hope to continue with this amazing exercise: to meet interesting people and learn a new language too. How is your learning process going?
1

My new friend for language exchange

A couple of days ago I met a girl who is learning spanish, she is from the United States and of course she is an english native speaker.
Today in the morning we were able to have a little talk through skype. It was very embarrassing for me because my english speaking is not good enough, so I could not understand much or almost all what she told me. What a surprise when she started to talk in spanish; her spanish level is pretty good. I have never thought to make friends from different countries around the world with whom I can talk and also learn too. This has been a great experience. I hope to continue with this amazing exercise: to meet interesting people and learn a new language as well.

How is your learning process going?

"..too" is often used at the end of sentences in casual spoken english, but it is frowned on when writing.

I am glad that you had a good experience with a language exchange. It can be a bit of a shock when you first have a conversation with someone who is not a language teacher. I have had the same trouble understanding natives from every Spanish-speaking country, including Colombia. Qué lo pase bien!

Hector Thank you so much for your words, I'll keep in mind your suggestions to improve my listening and speaking skills.
your writting is good. I guess maybe you should improve your listening to be able to understand all people speak to you in english... good luck...