"The Others" (2001) Review Hi guys, it has been a long time since last time i wrote here. Yesterday i watched a very interesting film: "The Others. Although it is a famous and quite old movie (2001), i had never watched it. Anyway, i just want to test my writing English skills again, so i'm gonna write a kind of short and easy review. "The Others" is a movie which takes place in a big house, far from everyone and everything, surrounded by a dense fog. The mother Grace (Nicole Kidman) and her child Anne and Nicolas live in this house. Grace is looking for someone who can help her out to look after the child, tidy up the old house, do the housework. Later, three persons, who already know each other, come to Grace's house and ask Grace if they can work for her. Grace accepts the application and immediately starts explaining their main duties to the three persons. The most important thing that they have to remember is that all the door must be locked, except the one where the person himself stays. Why should they respect such a weird thing? Because the little Anne and Nicolas have a strange illness: they can't see the light, their body must not being exposed to light, otherwhise they could die. It's a skin illness, very rare, which causes the premature ageing of the skin. This film is full of surprises. Nicole Kidman did a great dramatic performance, in my honest opinion. The film is classified as an horror film, but the classical elements of an horror film don't appear here: no bloody scenes, no disgusting murders etc. For me, it's a thriller/dramatic film, which contains high suspense moments as well! This movie was able to let me thing much about the several questions i made to myself: "Who did that? " "Ok maybe i was wrong, now i know why she did that" "Oh my god, i'm wrong again" And so on The plot is very original, i liked very much the photography as well If you are reading this review, if you are a thriller/horror lover you do must watch "The Others".
1

"The Others" (2001) Review

Hi guys, it has been a long time since last time i wrote here. Yesterday i watched a very interesting film: "The Others. Although it is a famous and quite old movie (2001), i had never watched it. Anyway, i just want to test my writing English skills again, so i'm gonna write a kind of short and easy review.

"The Others" is a movie which takes place in a big house, far from everyone and everything, surrounded by a dense fog. The mother, Grace (Nicole Kidman), and her children, Anne and Nicolas, live in this house. Grace is looking for someone who can help her out to look after the children, tidy up do maintenance on the old house and do the housework (tidying up and housework means the same thing). Later, three persons people, who allready know each other, come to Grace's house and ask Grace if they can work for her. Grace accepts their applications and immediately starts explaining their main duties to them. the three persons. The most important thing that they have to remember is that all the doors must be stay locked, except the one where the person himself themselves are staying. Why should they respect such a weird thing request? Because the little Anne and Nicolas have a strange illness- their skin can't see be exposed to the sunlight, their body must not being exposed to light, otherwhise they could die. It's This is a very rare skin illness disease, very rare, which causes the premature ageing of the skin.

This film is full of surprises. In my honest opinion, Nicole Kidman did a great dramatic performance, in my honest opinion. The film is classified as an horror film, but the classical elements of an horror film don't appear here: , there are no bloody scenes, no disgusting murders etc. For me I would classify it as, it's a drama/thriller/dramatic film, which has moments of contains high suspense moments as well!
This movie was able to let made me thinkg much a lot about the several questions i made posed to myself:
"Who did that ?"
"Ok maybe i was wrong, now i know why she did that"
"Oh my god, i'm wrong again" And so on.
The plot is very originaland i liked very much the photography very much. as well If you are reading this review, and if you are a thriller/horror lover, you do must watch "The Others".

well done :)