Kira
Butter Buns There is one food that has captured my heart. It is butter buns. They are small rounded bread with butter filling. The first thing that strikes me is the sweet refreshing aroma of the butter. By taking a sniff, I feel like seeing heaven. It only works the first time though. The more you sniff, the less you smell. Buns have a light tan color with a pattern on top. This design is similar to those that you see in latte art. They look amazing and taste divine. I always eat the outer layer of the bun first. Sometimes I use my hands to peel it off but other times I just use my teeth to tear it slowly apart. It is so soft and fluffy that it melts in my mouth. After the crust comes the crumb. It is tender but can be airy sometimes. I suppose that the bland taste is the needed break before we go to smooth and sweet butter filling. Not all people like sugary foods; however, I have a sweet tooth which makes that starchy and sugary bread roll perfect for me. Once I have a bite into that part, the 'sugariness' just goes straight into the brain and leaves such a satisfying feeling. Nowadays, I cannot find a bakery that puts as much filling as the one where I used to buy buns. Even that shop keeps downsizing the size of buns and putting just a small amount of butter inside them. I’m so disappointed at life! Although butter buns are no longer enjoyable as they used to be, they remain my favorite breakfast food choice. On the other hand, everything becomes delectable after a morning swim.