唐盼盼
Very hard to find a language partner There are a lot of people who want learning Chinese and also is a native English speaker in the italki. I have try to make friends with them. In order to make communication more convenient,we add the Skype ench other. In the beginning,we talk,you know ,only talk about "hello......introduce ourselves "and any other daliy chores. I think it's a great beginning. The second day,we only just speak something like the first day!! Because of our foreign languages are also not very well,we can't say any more. So embarrassed!!!!!!Gradually we don't talk . It's my problem in Italki. I want to find a partner to practice my oral English or make a friend with somebody.anyway I am a Chinese teacher,i can help you if you want learning Chinese!!
From what I've observed on this site, finding a good language partner is hardly worth the trouble. If you're a Chinese teacher, it would be a lot more advantageous for you to apply to be a teacher on italki -- that way, you'll earn lots of ITC, and you'll have nearly 600 professional English teachers and over 1000 community tutors to choose from.

Very hard to find a language partner

There are a lot of people who want to learn (learning) Chinese and are also (is a) native English speakers, in (the) italki. I have tried (try) to make friends with them. In order to make communication more convenient,we exchange our skype addresses.(add the Skype ench other.) In the beginning,our talk is quite basic we just say (talk ,you know ,only talk about) "hello......then introduce ourselves " and talk about everyday things. (any other daliy chores.) I think it's a great beginning. The second day,our chat is similar to (we only just speak something like) the first day!! Because of our limitations in speaking each other's (foreign) language(s) (are also not very well,),we can't say any more. So embarrassed!!!!!!Gradually we don't talk .

It's my problem in Italki. I want to find a partner to practise (practice) my oral English or make a friend with somebody. Anyway I am a Chinese teacher and (,i) can help you if you want to learn (learning) Chinese!!

I thought online friends not the same real friends because we don't know about background and don't know each other enough for exchange story or maybe about difference of free time or someone not sure about speaking skill (Me too).I'm very good luck I found partner interested in learning Thai.I decided to convince him Video Call and teach him every Saturday.But we have problem about time zone.And I try to find friends that work about programing same like me. Hahaha
My problem is the same you. My skype has many friend all around the world, but they don't talk to me more, just greetings. If you are free, I will talk with you every day.