Pavel
Higher Punishments for Better Road Safety? Do you like when you are riding your bike and some “driver” pass you in high speed close to you? Do you like when you cross a road and a driver with mobile in a hand almost hits you? I don’t and I still don’t understand why this still happens. Some drivers like to feel powerful in their cars and that’s why they buy fast cars. Some of them have it as a hobby. Some are just upset and drive very foolishly. I think that the most dangerous drivers are the drivers who are upset and crazy. Do you know what is the problem with these drivers? They don’t even care what is the punishment in form of fee or jail when they drive. They are just not thinking about it while being in “crazy mode”. Higher punishments are useless for these drivers. But for normal drivers, for example here in Czech republic, higher fees can make a huge difference. It is very usual that there are drivers who normally drive 10-20 km/h faster than they are allowed. They are also doing many small offenses while driving. For example crossing the full line, making a U-Turn at crossway and so on. The higher punishments in form of higher fees would surely make a difference. It is proven fact, that money is power and it works both ways. The bottom line is that yes, the punishments should be much higher. Are you asking why? Wouldn’t you think twice when there is a high punishment for your offence? I definitely would. This a part of my training for IELTS exam I'm taking at the end of August. Thanks for correcting the text. :) Here is the task description: To improve road safety there should be more severe punishment for drivers who break the rules. To what extent do you agree or disagree? +think twice before breaking the rules +less dangerous drivers on the roads.
1

Higher Punishments for Better Road Safety?

Do you like it when you are riding your bike and some “driver” passes you at a  high speed close to you? Do you like it when you cross a road and a driver with mobile in a hand almost hits you? I don’t and I still don’t understand why this still happens.

Some drivers like to feel powerful in their cars and that’s why they buy fast cars. Some of them have it as a hobby. Some are just upset and drive very foolishly. I think that the most dangerous drivers are the drivers who are upset and crazy. Do you know what is the problem with these drivers? They don’t even care what is the punishment in form of a fine  or jail when they drive. They are just not thinking about it while being in “crazy mode”. Higher punishments are useless for these drivers.

But for normal drivers, for example here in Czech republic, higher fines can make a huge difference. It is very usual that there are drivers who normally drive 10-20 km/h faster than they are allowed. They are also commit  many small offenses while driving. For example crossing the  line, making a U-Turn at crossway and so on. The higher punishments in form of higher fees would surely make a difference. It is proven fact, that money is power and it works both ways.

The bottom line is that yes, the punishments should be much more serious. Are you asking why? Wouldn’t you think twice when there is a high punishment for your offence? I definitely would.

This a part of my training for IELTS exam I'm taking at the end of August. Thanks for correcting the text. :)
Here is the task description: To improve road safety there should be more severe punishment for drivers who break the rules. To what extent do you agree or disagree? +think twice before breaking the rules +less dangerous drivers on the roads.