Danna
The funny side of an stressful Phonetics class. Yesterday night ,I read a writing of an italki´s member from the USA that reminded me of a similar situation I was in ,a couple of years ago at a Phonetics class. The theacher of this subject used to ask us several questions in order to grade our English pronounciation. This happened every class during the first quarter of an hour. She chose ten pupils from her list at radom and began the class. Unluckily for me, my surname was the first one she called. Immediately afterward my legs started shaking like a leaf , my voice broke . When I replied to her questions I did it in a low voice. Come to think of it !- I think I didn´t listen to her questions I heard the questions far away and Then I answered them without thinking what I was saying. So the point is that she asked me about my daily routine at weekends I said something like this. "I get up at....brush my ...have a bath...have breakast and after that I TINY my room...".She asked me three times If I meant TIDY , I felt so nervous that I said to her "TINY". She glared at me silently and finally she asked "Who is the next ? . Then I sat on my chair regrefully because I knew the difference between TINY and TIDY but my nerves had let me down. :)
1

The funny side of an stressful phonetics class.

Last night, I read a notebook entry/entry/story of an italki member from the USA ((If you want to sound "native" you can simply say, "the U.S." ;)) that reminded me of a similar situation I was in, a couple of years ago at a phonetics class.

The teacher of this subject used to asked us several questions in order to grade our English pronounciation. This happened every class during the first fifteen minutes. She chose ten students (("pupils" is not incorrect, but in the U.S. we typically say "students")) from her list at random and began the class. Unluckily for me, my surname was the first ones she called.

Immediately after she said my name my legs started shaking like a leaf and my voice broke. When I replied to her questions, I did it in a low voice. Come to think of it !- I think I didn´t listen to her questions I heard the questions far away ((I'm not sure what you are trying to say)) and then I answered them without thinking about what I was saying.

So the point is, that she asked me about my daily routine during weekends. I said something like this: "I get up at... brush my... have a bath... have breakast and after that I TINY my room..." She asked me three times if I meant TIDY, I felt so nervous that I said to her "TINY". She glared at me silently and finally she asked, "Who is the next?" Then I sat in my chair regretfully because I knew the difference between TINY and TIDY but my nerves had let me down. :)

good job =)