Javier
Environment (please help, I have the exam tomorrow!!!) In my opinion, it is not too late to change the habits that have a negative effect on the Earth. In addition, I think that the best way to give a turn to the situation is teaching to the next generations the importance of taking care of our planet. On the one hand, we should use more often the public transport in order to reduce the pollution. It does not make any sense that most of the members of a family have a car. Furthermore, I would recommend cycling because it is not only a clean mean of transport, but it is healthy as well. On the other hand, we ought to avoid throwing rubbish to rivers or seas, because it can be negative to the balance of the nature and dangerous to many marine species. Moreover, we enjoy more having a bath in the sea if water is clear. Last but not least, I think that it is essential to take care of endangered species, like the Iberian lynx or the snow leopard, because every animal species has a role in the food pyramid and contribute to the variety of our world. To sum up, the preservation of our planet must be an obligation to every country and human being in the world, only if most of us get involved in the solution of this problem, we will be successful.
1

Environment (please help, I have the exam tomorrow!!!)

In my opinion, it is not too late to change the habits that have a negative effect on the Earth. In addition, I think that the best way to remedy the  situation is to  teach the next generations the importance of taking care of our planet.

On one hand, we should use public transport more often in order to reduce pollution. It does not make any sense that most of the members of a family have a car. Furthermore, I would recommend cycling because it is not only a clean means of transport, but it is healthy as well.

On the other hand, we ought to avoid throwing rubbish into to rivers or seas, because it can have a very negative effect on the balance of the nature and is dangerous to many marine species. Moreover, we enjoy swimming in the sea much more if the water is clean.

Last but not least, I think that it is essential to take care of endangered species, like the Iberian lynx or the snow leopard, because every animal species has a role to play in the food pyramid and contributes to the variety of our world.

To sum up, the preservation of our planet must be an obligation for every country and human being in the world and only if most of us get involved in the solution of this problem, we will be successful.

Hello Carmen,

Generally your text is good and I have just made a few minor changes to improve it.

Hope this helps

Bob

1

In my opinion, it is not too late to change the habits that have a negative effect on the Earth. In addition, I think that the best way to give a turn to improve the situation is teaching to the next generations the importance of taking care of our planet.

On the one hand, we should use more often the public transportation more often in order to reduce the pollution. It does not make any sense that most of the members of a family have a car. Furthermore, I would recommend cycling because it is not only a clean means of transportation, but it is healthy for you <em>(or "good for you")</em> as well.

On the other hand, we ought to avoid throwing rubbish into rivers or seas, because it can be negative to the balance of the nature and dangerous to many marine species. Moreover, we enjoy more having a bath in the sea more if the water is clear.

Last but not least, I think that it is essential to take care of endangered species, like the Siberian lynx or the snow leopard, because every animal species has a role in the food pyramid and contributes to the variety of our world.

To sum up, the preservation of our planet must be an obligation to for every country and human being in the world. <em>We will be successful</em> only if most of us get involved in the solution of this problem.

Great text! Just one note: you would usually use "on the one hand" and "on the other hand" to indicate two opposing points of view on the same subject. 

Hi Carmen, I´m also learning english and I see no mistakes in your entry. I really agree with you because our planet is suffering a lot of bad changes and what you propose will improve our environmen, our air and of course our life perspective. I´ve written some entries on Italki about that, how we are destroying our planet. We must taking care of our home; we can start recycling at home, this way we project to other ones a clear example of the human wil to save our planet can do. well done. (please forgive me if there is any spelling mistake, I´m a begginer in english)