Jean Pierre
Shall i study French or Chinese¡¡ I am studying economy in Peru , for that reason I had to study English ,because it is helpful for my career and if I did not study English I would not have success in my life .Since Many years ago English has became in the most important language in the world.Now I do not fell that an a perfect English speaker , I know my speaking has many flaws , bad every day I try to improve it using many website to grow my knowledge in English also I read almost a book per month in English. Currently a read a survey which say that economist need more than two language , because these days everybody speak English and now speaking English is not an advantage any more. I asked many of my teachers what shall study and they told that among all the language the most important are French and Chinese.Both have got their cons and pros , and I do not which its better to learn and which of then it is more helpful for my career.
It really depends on your interest and your plan in the future. Since you can speak Spanish, learning French should not be a difficult thing for you. If you work involves communication with people from France and Africa, then it's favorable to learn French. If you want to do business with Chinese people, then I strongly suggest you learn Chinese. China is the fastest growing economy in the world right now. Anyway, learning either language you need to have a open mind and get to understand different cultures and learning either language will be an advantage for you.
Depends on what you do and where you work. French should be much easier for you in general. If you only want to speak Chinese it's easy, but after you master your spoken Chinese in 1-2 years, it will take you about another 10 years to understand a Chinese newspaper.