Lyubov
Please, correct the text about my hobby (II) Soon I knew everything about African Violets. I started to realize the huge world of African Violets. Nowadays there's a rainbow of colors and varieties; purple, light purple to blue, all shades of pink, including fantasy (darker and light speckles on flowers) there are even yellow flowers now, white, pink and white, purple and white, very dark purple, black almost and all shades of red. There are a lot of different varieties like miniature African Violets (6 to 8 inches or less in diameter); semi-miniature (6 to 8 inches); standard (8 to 16 inches); and large (over 16 inches). There are also trailing types of African violets. Flowers may be single, double, semi-double, star-shaped, fringed or ruffled. Some varieties produce flowers with two or more rows of petals of one color with the rest fringed in a different color. Leaf types are described as plain, quilted, spidered, ruffled, fringed, scalloped, spooned, pointed and variegated. All of them were in my collection. My collection expanded. It consisted of 400 varieties of violets. Thanks to my husband's efforts I had 20 spacious shelves, which were equipped with flourescent lights with a timer. I made a self-watering system. I took photos of my blooming violets and I have thousands of photos. I gained a lot of experience in the growing of violets and I decided to share it with beginners. I made my own website. I posted my own articles about growing African violets to the website. These articles responded with questions about light, temperature, humidity, soil moisture, the formula for the composition of soils, potting, fertilization and propagation. My website had a photo gallery of blooming violets and сatalogues with photos and a description of varieties. It's amazing, but every variety, like a person has its own character. The website had a lot of visitors every day and I had feedback from them. I gave blooming violets to my colleagues and friends, I gave them to kindergartens and schools. Fairy Viola (Фея Фиалок) was the name friends hung on me. I think you already understand that was not a hobby, it was an obsession with African violets. Taking care of violets can become an obsession, but a good one…