Janie.Liu
Introduction of my house Maybe I should call it an apartment but not a house, because it's only part of a building. It's located at the 2nd floor of a 20-floor building. If I dropped my iPad out of the window, it could be repaired probably. (laugh) The building is standing in the street of the old French Concession area in downtown Shanghai. Nowadays many expatriates prefer to live here. In the history of 1930s, it had been governed by French for years. They built a church and numbers of nightclubs which also exist now. By planting two lines of Platanus(a type of trees originated from France, which they also plant at the Champs Elysees Avenue in Paris) on both sides of the street, they made the street a boulevard. In this region every square meter is worth a lot of money (for about $8,000 per square meter), and I'm lucky to have a small one here by making a loan. I bought it from an old retired government official two years ago and redecorated it. It used to be allocated freely by the government to their officials. That official has several estates in Shanghai, and new policy about the limit of living area that one can own will be passed soon, he had to sell one and saved some money for his further planning of living abroad. Though it's very small, it still contains five rooms: a big bedroom, the one where I'm staying so often to have the classes and behind my seat there's a big plant called epipremnum aureum (hopefully this scientific name don't make you dizzy); a small bedroom, only for visitors, so friends paying a visit from a distant place are cordially welcomed, because it's convenient for them to take public transport to travel to most of sightseeing places throughout the city; a washroom, a kitchen and a small living room with a sofa and a television on the wall with about 150 different channels.
yes,I noticed that you're a teacher here. And you really did a careful correction to my small article..I appreciate it very much. Since I haven't use the chance of trial lessons here, maybe I can give it a try! So see you!

Introduction of Introducing my house (or Introduction to my house)

Maybe I should call it an apartment but not a house, because it's only part of a building. It's located at on the 2nd floor of a 20-floor building. If I dropped my iPad out of the window, it could be repaired probably. (laugh)

The building is standing in the street of the old French Concession area in downtown Shanghai. Nowadays many expatriates prefer to live here. In the history of 1930s, it had been governed by the French for years. They built a church and numbers of numerous nightclubs which also exist now. By planting two lines of Platanus(a type of trees that originated from France, which they also planted at the Champs Elysees Avenue in Paris) on both sides of the street, they made the street a boulevard.

In this region every square meter is worth a lot of money (for about $8,000 per square meter), and I'm lucky to have a small one here by making taking out a loan. I bought it from an old retired government official two years ago and redecorated it. It used to be allocated freely by the government to their officials. That official has several estates in Shanghai, and a new policy about the limit of living area that one can own will be passed soon, therefore he had to sell one and saved some money for his further planning of living future plans to live abroad.

Though it's very small, it still contains five rooms: a big bedroom, the one where I'm staying so often to have the classes and behind my seat there's a big plant called epipremnum aureum (hopefully this scientific name don't doesn't make you dizzy); a small bedroom, only for visitors, so friends paying a visit from a distant place are cordially welcomed, because it's convenient for them to take public transport to travel to most of sightseeing places throughout the city; a washroom (bathroom) , a kitchen and a small living room with a sofa and a television on the wall with about 150 different channels.

Well done! Your level is very good. If you would like to practise your English, I give lessons here on Italki and mainly focused on conversation.