Andreana
Child Labour FLORENCE- they've come to tell us they don't want to work. They've come to tell us that is too early for them to work, they want to play, study, being children. Politicians suppose to take all the responsibilities. From today, hundreds of children, who come from all over the world, will be meeting in Florence for 3 days in order to talk about exploitation and child labour : Experts and representatives of international organisations will attend the meeting to listening more than talking. Ex worker children from asian factories or from african plantations, will be on stage: they will tell us how and why they ended up to work at 10, 7 and even 4 years old. "None of us have choose",says Davis, 15 years old from Brazil. "I started to help fisher when i was 8. It was the only way to eat". Like David, 264 million of children work worldwide: 120 million work full time. It's not hard to see them: they could be find in the suqs of moroccan artisans, they sell necklaces among Petra's ruin, they are behind indian looms. It's hard to ignore them, but trying to talk their parents or their employers is useless: "i make him work because there's no other way, we're poor", they say all together. These children came here in Florence to tell us that an other way exists, we only have to search for it. According to OIL's experts, improving education facilities of developing countries and set up educational programs and childhood recovery would cost 760 billion dollars: its benefits -calculated above saving on expenses for diseases and improvement of gains thank to a better education- would be 5,106 billion dollars. It isn't just for ethics no more", say Francesco D'Ovidio expert of child labour at the OIL. "it's about economy: that work showed that if project against child labour have carried out consistently, children labour in developing countries wouldn't be convenient. It would be a very important turning point". Vilma, 15 years old and waitress from 10, agrees: "if i will have a child", she says, "she won't work. This is why i'm here".

Child Labour

FLORENCE- they've come to tell us they don't want to work. They've come to tell us that is too early for them to work, they want to play, study, being children.
Politicians are supposed to take all the responsibilities. From today, hundreds of children, who come from all over the world, will be meeting in Florence for 3 days in order to talk about exploitation and child labour : Experts and representatives of international organisations will attend the meeting to listening more than talking.
Ex worker children from asian factories or from african plantations, will be on stage: they will tell us how and why they ended up to working at 10, 7 and even 4 years old. "None of us have a choice choose",says Davis, 15 years old from Brazil. "I started to help fishermen when i was 8. It was the only way to eat".
Like David, 264 million of children work worldwide: 120 million work full time. It's not hard to see them: they could be find in the souks of Moroccan artisans, they sell necklaces among Petra's ruins, they are behind indian looms.
It's hard to ignore them, but trying to talk their parents or their employers is useless: "I make him work because there's no other way, we're poor", they say all together.
These children came here in to Florence to tell us that another way exists, we only have to search for it.
According to OIL's experts, improving education facilities of in developing countries and setting up educational programs and childhood recovery would cost 760 billion dollars: its benefits -calculated above on saving on expenses for diseases and improvement of gains thanks to a better education- would be 5,106 billion dollars.
It isn't just for ethics no any more", says Francesco D'Ovidio expert of child labour expert at the OIL. "it's about economy: that work showed that Studies show that if projects against child labour were have carried out consistently, children labour in developing countries wouldn't be practical. convenient. It would be a very important turning point". Vilma, 15 years old and waitress from 10, agrees: "if I will have a child", she says, "she won't work. This is why I'm here".