Carlos Suárez
Operation Wolf In the early 1970s there was a fierce fight between the Spanish state and a terrorist organization. The assassination of Carrero Blanco, the Prime Minister, was the last straw for the Spanish Government. The Spanish secret services, known as SECED, decided to infiltrate an agent in that organization. Quickly, they recruited a young man whose profile could be adequate for the job. The man, whose code name was Wolf, would have to join the terrorist organization and gain their trust. Little by little, he was gathering information and passing it on to his liaison, which resulted in the arrest of some terrorists. Some months afterwards he was a respected member of the gang and no one suspected of him. However, shortly afterwards he was involved in a shooting with the police and had to break into a house to get away. As the house was surrounded by the police, he had to call his superiors to ask for help. Obviously, the police didn't know that the SECED had a mole in the terrorist organization. He managed to get away with the help of the secret services, but the following day the BBC informed that ETA(the name of the gang) had a mole in his organization and that his code name was Wolf. Somebody had been very indiscreet and this make ETA begin to be suspicious of him. After convincing the leaders that he wasn't the mole, he kept working for them until the police arrested the leaders of the organization in a very risky operation. Shortly afterwards Wolf had to get away, since he was the only one who knew the whereabouts of the arrested. Since that moment Wolf has been the most wanted man by ETA. He kept working as an undercover agent, but had plastic surgery on his face in order not to be recognised by his old mates. In all 158 terrorists were arrested thanks to the information of Wolf.

Operation Wolf

In the early 1970s there was a fierce fight between the Spanish state and a terrorist organization. The assassination of Carrero Blanco, the Prime Minister, was the last straw for the Spanish Government. The Spanish secret services, known as SECED, decided to infiltrate an agent in that organization. Quickly, they recruited a young man whose profile could be adequate for the job. The man, whose code name was Wolf, would have to join the terrorist organization and gain their trust. Little by little, he was gathering information and passing it on to his liaison, which resulted in the arrest of some terrorists. Some months afterwards he was a respected member of the gang and no one suspected of him. However, shortly afterwards he was involved in a shooting with the police and had to break into a house to get away. As the house was surrounded by the police, he had to call his superiors to ask for help. Obviously, the police didn't know that the SECED had a mole in the terrorist organization. He managed to get away with the help of the secret services, but the following day the BBC informed that ETA(the name of the gang) they had a mole in his the organization and that his code name was Wolf. Somebody had been very indiscreet and this make made ETA begin to be suspicious of him. After convincing the leaders that he wasn't the mole, he kept working for them until the police arrested the leaders of the organization in a very risky operation. Shortly afterwards Wolf had to get away, since he was the only one who knew the whereabouts of the arrested. Since that moment Wolf has been the most wanted man by ETA. He kept working as an undercover agent, but had plastic surgery on his face in order not to be recognised by his old mates. In all,158 terrorists were arrested thanks to the information of Wolf.