domi paris
Student debt Today I would like to introduce the issue of student debt. The idea that getting a university degree will ensure a better life is deeply rooted in both students' and their parents' minds. At the time when firstly students could get a college degree without contracting heavy debt and secondly students could easily land a highly paid job after their studies, ensuing financial gain was nearly guaranteed. Nowadays, however, highly paid jobs are becoming more difficult to land and, according to some sources, the average student debt is about $ 33 000. So it becomes apparent that getting a college degree doesn't necessarily increase the likelihood of a better life. It might even prevent some people from funding a family because of heavy debt burden. Key elements in the decision as to wether or not undertake college studies might be cost of tuition and job prospects in the field of chosen studies.

Student debt

Today I would like to introduce the issue of student debt. The idea that getting a university degree will ensure a better life is deeply rooted in the minds of both students and their parents minds. There was a time when firstly students could get a college degree without contracting heavy debt and secondly students could easily land a highly paid job after their studies. The financial value of higher education ensuing financial gain was nearly guaranteed. Today, however, highly paid jobs are becoming more difficult to land and, according to some sources, the average student debt has reached $33,000. It has become apparent that getting a college degree doesn't necessarily increase the likelihood of a better life and It might even prevent some people from supporting a family because of heavy debt burden. Key elements in deciding whether or not to undertake college studies might be the cost of tuition and job prospects in one's chosen field of chosen studies.

Student debt

Today I would like to introduce the issue of student debt. The idea that getting a university degree will ensure a better life is deeply rooted in both students' and their parents' minds. At the There was a [1] time when firstly students could get a college degree without contracting heavy debt and secondly students could easily land a highly paid job after their studies, ensuing financial gain was nearly guaranteed. Nowadays, however, highly paid jobs are becoming more difficult to land and, according to some sources, the average student debt is about $ 33 000. So it becomes apparent that getting a college degree doesn't necessarily increase the likelihood of a better life. It might even prevent some people from funding (or providing for their family) a family because of heavy debt burden. Key elements in the decision as to wether or not undertake college studies might be cost of tuition and job prospects in the field of chosen studies.

[1] - "At the time" was confusing to me - the rest of the setence works. Another way to say it could be: Historically, students were able to earn a college degree without acquiring heavy debt, and they were also able to find high-paying jobs after receiving their degree. 

Great article!