Peter
Notes of an Outsider (5) The sixth day The next morning we were going to San Francisco. In the last post I mentioned that had seen how looks an american dwelling inside. Having been driving to San Francisco we passed aside the construction works of a house. Then I saw how these houses were building. I think that in Russia wintering in such a house would become the last fallacious decision for its inhabitants: structure of wooden bars, planking with something about cane fiber board and coating of plaster inside and outside. Well, I'm sorry, it seems to me that I have been distracted. San Francisco is an amazing city. It placed on hills, there are constant winds. In spite of the end of May there was rather cold when we had driven there. We visited Golden Gate Bridge, abandoned military base on the mountain above it, Palace of Fine Arts and Coit Tower. The most impressions to me were made by city roads. There is no way to drive there on a car with manual gearbox. It is pasttime not to nervous persons to stop on the stop-line on the crossroad and then set out on a road which is coming up on 30 degrees when the next car is propping you up to the rear bumper. There are crossroads where rising changes to sloping down and you don't see where are you dipping. As a matter of fact we got our month's dose of adrenalin on city roads. Tonight we returned to San Jose. To be continued...

Notes of an Outsider (5)

The sixth day

The next morning we were going to San Francisco. In the last post I mentioned that I had seen what an American dwelling looks like inside. Driving to San Francisco we passed construction work on a house; then I saw how these houses were built. I think that in Russia wintering in such a house would become the last fallacious decision for its inhabitants: a structure of wooden bars, planking with something like cane fiber boards, and coatings of plaster inside and out. I'm sorry, it seems I have been distracted.

San Francisco is an amazing city. It's placed on hills and there is constant wind. In spite of it being the end of May it was rather cold when we drove there. We visited the Golden Gate Bridge, abandoned military bases on the mountain above it, Palace of Fine Arts and Coit Tower. City roads left the biggest impression on me. There is no way to drive there on a car with manual gearbox. It is pasttime not to nervous persons to stop on the stop-line on the crossroad and then set out on a road which is coming up on 30 degrees when the next car is propping you up to the rear bumper. (I don't know what you're saying here.) There are crossroads rising and sloping down and you don't see where you'll be dipping. As a matter of fact we got our month's dose of adrenalin on city roads. Tonight we returned to San Jose.
To be continued...

===

Keep practicing and writing! It was hard for me to understand this entry, but that's what italki is for. I did my best, hope it helps.

I've been to San Fran many times, and I've been on the road you took the above picture on =)