Yasuhiro
My English Practice Hello, I am Yasuhiro. I am a graduate student of university. I have to explain my researches in English at a conference in Jan. 2016. I am very afraid whether I can speak English fluently. I can read and write to some extent but I can't speak and listen to at all. Are there any effective way to improve my lisning and speaking ability....:-c

My English Practice

Hello, I am Yasuhiro. I am a university graduate student. I have to explain my research in English at a conference in Jan. 2016. I am very afraid whether I can speak English fluently. I can read and write to some extent but I can't speak and listen to at all. Is there any effective way to improve my listening and speaking ability....:-c

<em>I would recommendation listening to as much English as you can and practicing conversation with someone. It'll take time and patience, but your presentation in January will go much better!</em>

My English Practice

Hello, I am Yasuhiro. I am a university graduate student of university. (Or you can say: "a graduate student at the University of XXX"). I have to explain  my researches (maybe "present my research" would be better) in English at a conference in January 2016. I am (very) afraid whether I can speak I won't be able to speak English fluently. I can read and write to some extent, but I can't speak and listen to nor understand spoken English at all. Are there any effective ways to improve my listening and speaking skills ability ?....:-c

Hi Yasuhiro, there are many ways to work on and improve your listening and speaking skills.

Here are a few:

- watching short videos in English (there are many online!)
- listening to the radio (there is a good app called RADION2 that offers a huge selection of radio stations in any given language)
- speaking with native speakers as much as you can

If you are too afraid to contact language partners at this point, you can start practicing with a good English teacher. There is a great selection of those here on italki and I am sure you can find one that suits your needs. The good news is that you have about 5-6 months to practice. I think it could be enough if you work on it regularly. Good luck!