Amna W
Pagar - to pay TRANSITIVE VERB 1. (general) a. to pay Él está pagando la cuenta. - He is paying the bill. Mi primo me pagó el almuerzo. - My cousin paid for my lunch. b. to pay off (debt) Yo acabo de pagar mis deudas de la universidad. - I just paid off my college loans. c. to repay (debt) Toma cinco años pagar el préstamo del carro. - It takes five years to repay the loan on the car. 2. (figurative) a. to pay Me las pagarás por lo que me hiciste. - You're going to pay for what you did to me. INTRANSITIVE VERB 3. (money) a. to pay Ya pagué yo. - I already paid. ______________________________________________________________________ TRANSITIVE VERB 1. to pay (empleado, persona) ; to pay for (factura, gastos, delito) ; to pay off, to settle (deuda) ; to repay (ayuda, favor) pagó dos millones por la casa - she paid two million for the house yo pago la cena - I'll pay for dinner su padre le paga los estudios - his father is supporting him through college/university no iría aunque me lo pagaras - I wouldn't go (even) if you paid me ¡que Dios se lo pague! - God bless you! me las pagarás (informal figurative) - you'll pay for this INTRANSITIVE VERB 2. to pay (con dinero) 3. to be worth it (informal) (compensar) (Am) no paga - it's not worth it For more examples check: http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/pagar

Pagar - to pay

TRANSITIVE VERB
1. (general)
a. to pay
Él está pagando la cuenta. - He is paying the bill.
Mi primo me pagó el almuerzo. - My cousin paid for my lunch.
b. to pay off (debt)
Yo acabo de pagar mis deudas de la universidad. - I just paid off my college loans.
c. to repay (debt)
Toma cinco años pagar el préstamo del carro. - It takes five years to repay the loan on the car.
2. (figurative)
a. to pay
Me las pagarás por lo que me hiciste. - You're going to pay for what you did to me.

INTRANSITIVE VERB
3. (money)
a. to pay
Ya pagué yo. - I already paid.

______________________________________________________________________

TRANSITIVE VERB
1. to pay (empleado, persona) ; to pay for (factura, gastos, delito) ; to pay off, to settle (deuda) ; to repay (ayuda, favor)
pagó dos millones por la casa - she paid two million for the house
yo pago la cena - I'll pay for dinner (In present "pago" the correct form is "pay", not future "will pay"/ "pago" es presente, no futuro "pagaré")
su padre le paga los estudios - his father is supporting him through college/university
no iría aunque me lo pagaras - I wouldn't go (even) if you paid me
¡que Dios se lo pague! - God bless you!
me las pagarás (informal figurative) - you'll pay for this

INTRANSITIVE VERB
2. to pay (con dinero)
3. to be worth it (informal) (compensar) (Am)
no paga - it's not worth it

For more examples check: http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/pagar (This website is SouthAmerican-Spanish)