João Paulo
One Difference Between American and Brazilian Culture I have watched an interview with an american guy, and he was saying about weird brazilian behaviors in an american view. He said that if you go out with a girl you shouldn't say that you still living with your parents, because in USA people stop living with their parents when they reach the age of 18. He said that people do this in USA because they want to be independent. After I've heard that, I noticed that we can realize it in some american movies. Now, I think in USA it is shameful to continue living with parents after age 18. But I don't understand why. In Brazil It is different. There are adults who do it. Here, we usually move to another house when we get married or when we study or work in another city. There are single people who live in the same city that their parents and live in a separate house, but it usually happens when the person is rich or when he/she is in an "enough" age. But here It isn't weird to live with parents. I am 21 years old and I live with my mother and sisters, and I am not ashamed about it. If I had moved to another house when I got 18 years, I wouldn't have a college diploma, I wouldn't have taken a trip to Europe, I wouldn't have bought a car (an old car, but it still being a car, hahaha), my job would have been worse, I wouldn't have been able to save money for my goals and I wouldn't have been able to help my mother with the expenses of our house. This because I would have been spending my money paying my rent and other expenses. I am not criticizing the american people because they think like that. I know that differents cultures have differents views and live in different contexts. And I respect it. I just have felt surprised about it, because this is a big difference between our culture. Thanks for reading.. Could you point out my mistakes, please? Thank you
1

One Difference Between American and Brazilian Culture

I have watched an interview with an american guy, and he was talking about weird brazilian behaviors in an american view. He said that if you go out with a girl you shouldn't say that you are still living with your parents, because in the USA people stop living with their parents when they reach the age of 18. He said that people do this in the USA because they want to be independent. After I've heard that, I noticed that we can perceive it in some american movies. Now, I think in the USA it is shameful to continue living with parents after age 18. But I don't understand why. In Brazil It is different. There are adults who do it. Here, we usually move to another house when we get married or when we study or work in another city. There are single people who live in the same city that their parents and live in a separate house, but it usually happens when the person is rich or when he/she is in an "enough" age. But here It isn't weird to live with your parents.

I am 21 years old and I live with my mother and sisters, and I am not ashamed about it. If I had moved to another house when I turned 18 years, I wouldn't have a college diploma, I wouldn't have taken a trip to Europe, I wouldn't have bought a car (an old car, but it still being a car, hahaha), my job would have been worse, I wouldn't have been able to save money for my goals and I wouldn't have been able to help my mother with the expenses of our house. This because I would have been spending my money paying my rent and other expenses.

I am not criticizing the american people because they think like that. I know that differents cultures have differents views and live in different contexts. And I respect it. I just have felt surprised about it, because this is a big difference between our cultures.

Thanks for reading..
Could you point out my mistakes, please?

Thank you