Jay
Share House Share House Share house is the inevitable for working holidayers. Before coming here, I had been looking forward to a fun life with many international friends. But, as the reality is always different from ideal, there were some problems. I think most of the problems come from relations between share mates. The fundamental causes of the problems are: First, Different characters. Even when obvious emotional conflicts are excluded, sort of unsatisfations over roommates still remains. One person want the other to go out,drink together, and have fun. But the other does not. The other just want to take a rest while at home and feel he bothers him. The other's response also makes him feel upset. Keep going like this.cold war atmosphere. Second, Different life styles. One person like playing video games at home speaking through a headphone with his firends online till midnight. The other have to sleep to wake up early in the morning. The other ask him to turn it off and be quiet but he feels like it is very offensive. To resolve those conflicts, shouldn't be emotional. So step back and think which could be win-win for everyone. Be considerate of others' feelings and look back what you have done to your sharemates. By doing like this, we can have a fun life with any sharemtes!
1

House Sharing

House sharing is inevitable for those on a working holiday.
Before coming here, I had been looking forward to a fun life with many international friends.
But, as the reality is always different from the ideal (or: ... as the reality always differs from the ideal), there were some problems. I think most problems come from relations between house mates (or: roommates, flatmates, apartmentmates depending on the type of share).
The fundamental causes of the problems are:

First, different personalities. Even when obvious emotional conflicts are excluded, lingering tensions between roommates still remain. One person wants the other to go out, drink together, and have fun.
But the other person does not want to go. He just wants to rest at home and feels he is being bothered by his roommate. This response makes the roommate feel upset. When this continues, it creates a Cold War atmosphere.

Second, different life styles. One person likes playing online video games at home speaking through a headset with his friends till midnight.
The other roommate has to get to sleep so he can wake up early in the morning, so he asks him to turn it off and be quiet. When the gaming roommate is asked to keep quiet, he feels offended.

Resolving these kinds of conflicts shouldn't be emotional.
Take a step back and think what would be a win-win situation for everyone.
Be considerate of others' feelings and look back at what you may have done to your sharemates.
By doing this, we can have a fun life with any sharemtes!