Hediyeh East
How to Establish a Love for Life— Part II Being able to love also requires the ability to enjoy loneliness. I mentioned in several pieces of my previous diary that "Loneliness is my greatest mentor", because the serenity of time and space you feel enables you to communicate with yourself, without bothering the tumults from the external world. At this very moment, you belong to yourself. Once we own ourselves we are more closer to the freedom of soul, and who would deny that freedom is the prerequisite of pure love? Moreover, like a petal floating on the river, are the people who follow suits. How can a tree without roots stretch its exorbitant arms towards sky? Only in the tranquility of soul can we cultivate fine hobby which does not have to cater to the main fashion, pursue fine education which does not have to be testified by a mere piece of paper, and breed a love for life from within which does not have to be responded by this mundane world. Life presents us with a battery of tests and the way ahead is strewn with uncertainties, but anyone who is adept in coping with loneliness is neither afraid of tests nor does she cling to an answer, because courage and curiosity are essential to motivate us marching forward under the navigation of love. I have come across a lot of people who pretend to be "somebody" while they are actually "nobody", and they fantasize themselves having reached a heroic level, disguising the holes and the pustules of their spirits. Yet the greatest heroism, in my mind's eye, is the love for life even after knowing its tragicness and sham. Surely the proundity and wisdom of love can not be fully elaborated through my scribbles as love itself is invisible. Love is nothing, but it is everything. I guess I should put down my pen for now and end these passages by a quote from Tagore—— Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.