Rachel 레이첼
Chinese Names... I just started learning Chinese and my first lesson was on introductions. Being as such, I was told to find a Chinese name since Rachel isn't a name you can translate to Chinese. Is anyone willing to help?
2

Chinese Names...

I just started learning Chinese and my first lesson was on introductions. Being as such, I was told to find a Chinese name since Rachel isn't a name you can translate to Chinese. Is anyone willing to help?

My advice is "瑞琛".

"瑞" is a surname which means "lucky;fortunate" in Chinese. "琛" means "treasure".

if you go for phonetic sounds, maybe 瑞切儿 is proper. just like I call me Sherry, because its pronounce sounds like my Chinese name.
Rachel=雷切尔=lei qie er. You want this become your chinese name?
If you are of Korean descent, usually your Korean name is composed of Chinese characters. You can use just them. If not, is there a meaning in Korean? If so, then it would be much easier. Ask your parents why you were thus named and go from there.
Maybe I can help you out. Every name represent a good wish. Some parents wish their children to be smart, thus they give characters like 聪、哲、冰冰. While others wish their children to be beautiful, so they will give characters like 美、琳、珍. In conclusion, it is really depend on what you want. What would you like yourself to be in the future?