Екатерина
Happy I Can Watch Movies In English Some time ago (approximately a couple of months) it was a real disaster for me to watch movies in English. I spend a lot of time for studing English, but all I can mostly pracrise is written speech, not oral. I attend some courses and of course there I managed to get English speech more clearly, because lessons there are based on speaking. But two lessons a week are not enough, you know. So I decided to do some pracrice at home, and here (thanks God for giving us the Internet) I spend hours listening to English speech in songs, interviews, online lessons and videos on YouTube. But I've been always afriad of watching movies in English, because it seemed to me a real disaster. You know, I was afraid to miss th idea of the movie, and I thought I would get satisfied with the movie if I always ran to my dictionary to look up unknown words. But yesterday I came across "Before We Go" in origin and I thought "Why not?" So I watched the whole movie without any problem. It's my little progress I think, and I'm very happy to realise I become better. :)

Happy I Can Watch Movies In English

Some time ago (approximately a couple of months) it was a real disaster for me to watch movies in English. I spent a lot of time studying English; but, was mainly limited to written speech instead of oral. I attended some courses, and was able to better understand English through speaking it there; but, two lessons per week were not enough, so I decided to practice at home. While at home (thank God for giving us the Internet), I spent hours listening to the English language in songs, interviews, online lessons, and videos on YouTube. I had avoided movies because I feared the results; like missing the idea of the movie or complete dissatisfaction with having to constantly check the dictionary throughout the movie. Yesterday I came across <em>Before We Go</em> and I thought, "Why not?", and I watched the whole movie without any problems. It's my little progress, and I'm very happy to realize how much I’ve improved. :)

Екатерина, that was great!! I just changed some words to the past tense and changed the movie title to show in italic instead of quotes. It is ok to have movie titles in quotes under AP Styles; however, under the more professional APA, Chicago, or MLA writting styles movies are referenced in italic. In reality, I changed it because you followed it with a thought in quotes. I also changed some sentences that started with "but" or "so"; it is uncommon to start sentences with those words and it usually means a comma or semicolon can be used instead.

It's so great to hear that. I had the same experience before 3 weeks. I started to watch a movie and tv show without subtitles but sometimes when the movie or the tv show talks about somethings that I don't have so much vocabulary on it I struggled then I download the subtitle to get the vocabulary and define each word that I don't know. I think I need much more time to get the perfection level Take care ????