Tram Nguyen
University problem My friends and I are in a difficult time choosing our Faculty in University. As Vietnamese educational system does not provide enough information for students to choose what to learn and what to become in the future, many students still don't know what university to apply to. A month ago, I asked one of my friend: "What university are you going to choose?" and she said: "I still don't know yet". And now, that girl has to change her decision in the last minute. She wants to study in the Faculty of Chinese Literature and Linguistics, but her parents want her to be an Economics girl. The main point here is, the old generation of Vietnamese people still keep in their mind that being a doctor, businessman or an engineer is everything without considering about their childen's passion. I have a cousin, he is living for his passion, becoming a Graphic Designer, and like I just have said, some members of my family still look down on him because they think that he isn't good enough to study in some Science Studies and he can't earn money with that job. What an ancient thought! I must say that I am luckier than most of my friend. Although my parents didn't have a chance to study as much as I do now, they still support me and give me advice to pursue my dream. I have learnt an English speaking lesson lately about work and career, and I find out one thing happening to most of Vietnamese students: they all have passion and dreams but their family and this developing society partly prevent them from being what they want. I hope this will change soon someday.
1

University problem

My friends and I are having a difficult time choosing our Faculty in University. This is because the Vietnamese educational system does not provide enough information for students to choose what to learn and what to become in the future. The result is that many students still don't know what university to apply to. A month ago I asked one of my friends: "What university are you going to choose?" and she said: "I still don't know yet". Now that girl has to change her decision in the last minute. She wants to study in the Faculty of Chinese Literature and Linguistics, but her parents want her to be an Economics girl.

The main point here is, the old generation of Vietnamese people still keep in their mind that being a doctor, businessman or an engineer is everything without considering about their children's passion. I have a cousin who is living for his passion which is to become a Graphic Designer, and like I just have said, some members of my family still look down on him because they think that he isn't good enough to study in some Science Studies and he can't earn money with that job. What an ancient thought!

I must say that I am luckier than most of my friend. Although my parents didn't have a chance to study as much as I do now, they still support me and give me advice to pursue my dream.

I had an English speaking lesson recently on the topic of work and career and I find out one thing that is happening to most of Vietnamese students: they all have passion and dreams but their family and this developing society are partly preventing them from becoming what they want. I hope this will change soon someday.

You are writing English at a very advanced level for such a young person Tram. I'm not sure that an average 18-year old around here would have done better. Most of the corrections I made were stylistic. You could certainly become an English professor if that is something that you would like.

Thank you ^^ If there is anything I can help just tell me, we can learn a lot from each other :D
seems I should give you my second essay for you to have a look , you are done very well at writing. just ignore what others say, and keep moving. I think a brave ,and intelligent girl like will get a bright future , better than me haha ~
I seems I should give me second essay for you to have a look , you are done very well at writing. just ignore what others say, and keep moving. I think a brave ,and intelligent girl like will get a bright future , better than me haha ~
I agree with you. Older people have a further look and know what is the best for their children. But to some people, instead of advising, they just force their children to do this or that. I agree that sometimes the young are ebullient and they just live for what they love, but their parents should let them pursue their passion first, if they succed, then there will be nothing to worry about, but if not, they will realise their mistake and themselves find out what is most suitable for them. That's what I mean.