Anna
Cats St. Petersburg City of St. Petersburg is shrouded in legends and mysterious stories. There is a modern legend that a cat rescued residents of St. Petersburg during the famine of the Great Patriotic War. The fact is that during the war the city was surrounded by fascist invaders, and the import of products in the city was closed. At this time in the city there are many rats that destroyed the meager food supplies. It was only a cat can help people cope with the invasion of rats. That is why many contemporary artists from St. Petersburg draw cats. In addition, on a street in St. Peterburi you can see the monument to the cat.

Corrections in red; stylistics and variants in blue.

The Cats of St. Petersburg

The City of St. Petersburg is shrouded in legends and mysterious stories. There is a modern legend that cats rescued the residents of St. Petersburg during the famine of the Great Patriotic War. The fact is that during the war, the city was surrounded by fascist invaders, and the importation/importing/import of products into the city was closed.  At this time in the city there were many rats that destroyed the meager food supplies.  Only cats could help the people cope with the invasion of rats. That is why many contemporary artists from St. Petersburg draw cats.  In addition, on one of the streets/a street in St. Peterburg, you can see a monument to cats.