Crazie Laoshi
Anti-Japanese War Anti-Japanese war was part of Anti- Fascism War, World War II. It was the largest war in Asia in 20th century. In China, we call the war Anti-Japanese war which begun in 1937 and end in 1945. The international community recognize it as the second Sino-Japanese war. And in Japan, in order to avoid conflicts and criticisms, they usually use Japanese-China war. It was once called“ holy war”, later “ Greater East Asia War” in Japanese propaganda. Simply from the names of this 8-year war, we can see the different interpretations of the war. And we, as Chinese as well as a world citizen, should view the war in a more objective manner instead of following the main stream. That is to say, combine the record from China, Japan and other countries to shape our own understanding of the war. At that time, the world was in chaos. China by then was under the reign of Man minority, Qing Dynasty, shaking and crumbling. Meanwhile, Japan was seeking ways to develop to expand. China, its neighbor, became one of its target. Under such circumstances, the war was unavoidable. No matter how, war is a disaster to all sides involved in, especially to those soldiers who would leave their homeland or defend theirs. Each of them fighting in the war stands for one family. To the national machine, the government or the country, the casualties are probably just numbers. On the contrary, it is our family or friends who lost their lives in the war. In one word, war is cruel in any ways. 2015, the Goat year, my year, is also the 70th anniversary of the victory of Anti-Japanese war. It is said that China will hold a military parade this year to mark this year’s anniversary. Some medias depict it aiming at planting hatred among the peace-loving people against their past foes or regard it as a military show. Is that so? It is merely a reminder to us all to be vigilant to any potential factors or risks of war. All that I knew about the war was from our textbook or movies. I did not have a deep thought about the war and the development of China until I watched an animation The Rabit( 那年那兔那些事儿). At the end of each episode, pictures of that time were present with illustration which is so touching. We can see how hard they have tried to defend our country. Even, I felt shamed about my attitude towards life that we have so much in our hands yet we do not cherish it. Being Chinese is the luckiest thing that ever happened to me.
1

The Anti-Japanese War

The Anti-Japanese war was part of Anti- Fascism War, World War II. It was the largest war in Asia in 20th century. In China, we call the war the Anti-Japanese war which begun began in 1937 and ended in 1945. The international community recognized it as the second Sino-Japanese war. And in Japan, in order to avoid conflicts and criticisms, they usually use the Japanese-China war. It was once called  the“ holy war”, later “the Greater East Asia War” in Japanese propaganda.

Simply from the names of this 8-year war, we can see the different interpretations of the war. And we, as Chinese as well as a world citizens of the world, should view the war in a more objective manner instead of following the main stream. That is to say, combine the record from China, Japan and other countries to shape our own understanding of the war.

At that time, the world was in chaos. China by then was under the reign of Man minority, Qing Dynasty, shaking and crumbling. Meanwhile, Japan was seeking ways to develop to expand. China, its neighbor, became one of its targets. Under such circumstances, the war was unavoidable.

No matter how, war is a disaster to all sides involved in, especially to those soldiers who would leave their homeland or defend theirs. Each of them fighting in the war stands for one family. To the national machine, the government or the country, the casualties are probably just numbers. On the contrary, it is our family or friends who lost their lives in the war. In one word, war is cruel in any ways.

2015, the Goat year, my year, is also the 70th anniversary of the victory of Anti-Japanese war. It is said that China will hold a military parade this year to mark this year’s anniversary. Some of the medias depict it aiming at as planting hatred among the peace-loving people against their past foes or regard it as a military show. Is that so? It is merely a reminder to us all to be vigilant to of any potential factors or risks of war.

All that I knew about the war was from our textbooks or movies. I did not have any deep thoughts about the war and the development of China until I watched an animation an animated film The Rabbit( 那年那兔那些事儿). At the end of each episode, pictures of that time were present with illustrations which is so touching. We can see how hard they have tried to defend our country. Even, I felt shamed about my attitude towards life that we have so much in our hands yet we do not cherish it. Being Chinese is the luckiest thing that ever happened to me.