Anotherworld
What does this writing mean? This might be the first time you’ve heard us say this but at our new mixed-use project at 134 Spencer Street there’s actually less than meets the eye. Well, kind of. It’s true that the responsive approach to precinct regeneration sets a new bar for mixed-use developments. We could even say that this building, which sits directly in front of Southern Cross station – the first thing people see when arriving – will anchor the increased westerly shift of the CBD, heralded by the regeneration of Docklands, Fishermen’s Bend and Southbank. ---- What does this writing mean? And is it right that "less than meets the eye" conveys a negative meaning to this? Please help me! Thanks!
1

This is "fluff".  It is just making their project seem important.  

1. "responsive approach to precinct regeneration":  Precinct regeneration is "urban redevelopment".  It is tearing down old buildings and putting up new ones.  A "responsive approach" is just a "buzz word".  A buzz word is a word that doesn't really mean anything, it just adds gravitas to a sentence. "Responsive approach" is the idea that buildings will have the ability to change their use as time passes and they will be needed for different things.  But this doesn't really have any grounding in reality.

2. "Less than meets the eye" is a play on words.  "more than meets the eye" is a common saying that something looks simple but is actually complex. So this is saying that even though the building looks complex, there is actually a simple reason behind the complex look.

3. "Sets a new bar": this is saying the building is the "new standard".  It is the best mixed used development.

4. CBD is Central Business District.  The business district is growing towards the west.  This westward growth will happen first in Docklands, etc.

This is a hilarious article.  It is extremely...self-aggrandizing.