Duyen Nguyen
What should I do now? I am a fresh graduate from a College of Foreign Language in my country. My major is Business English. After 4 years, however, I still can't use English to communicate with people. I can read, listen and understand almost what people are talking about in English but I can't speak English. Each time when I speak I get the feeling that people don't understand and I stop. My mind nearly blanks and it seems "I don't know how to say". I am now struggling to find a job but it is very hard without English. I start to feel guilty with my parents and friends who always think I am the best and I will get a well-paid job. But in fact I'm unemployed and if my English speaking skill can't be improved in the next few months, I think I can't return home and meet my family. I am really scared. Who can please help me with your experience how to improve spoken English? I feel everything stuck and really pessimistic about my future. Thanks for your help
1

What should I do now?

I am a fresh graduate from a College of Foreign Language in my country. My major is Business English. After 4 years, however, I still can't use English to communicate with people. I can read, listen and understand almost everything what that people are talking about in English but I can't speak English. Each Every time when I speak I get the feeling that people don't understand and I stop. My mind nearly blanks and it seems "I don't know how what to say".

I am now struggling to find a job but it is very hard without English. I start to feel guilty with like I'm letting down my parents and friends who always think I am the best and I will get a well-paid job. But in fact I'm unemployed and if my English speaking skill can't be improved/ don't improve in the next few months, I think I can't won't be able to return home and meet my family. I am really scared.

Who can please help me with your experience of how to improve spoken English? I feel everything stuck (in a rut) and really pessimistic about my future.

Thanks for your help.

Your English is actually pretty good, if not perfect. But it will probably never be "perfect", because you aren't a native speaker. That said, <em>it doesn't matter at all</em>. The most important thing is that you are able to <em>effectively communicate</em>. If you are worried about making mistakes, you will never get anywhere. So stop worrying and start focusing on communication. No one (sane) actually <em>expects</em> you to be perfect, so you shouldn't expect it of yourself ;-) 

Thank for your suggestion. I also have a Skype account and I am finding a friend to speak English with. Can we make friends? I must say that my spoken English is not good enough and if you don't mind, I do hope to be your friend.
You write perfectly. You probably need a Skype English tutor who will make you talk. Many of the Spanish teachers I have tried through italki are nice but don't really push me enough. However I have found one who does and she is really helping me. Also, do you have any friends who will practice English with you?
My Skype is yasarputhalath