Elena Ann⭐Adult/Kids
Professional Teacher
Two Years Of Being A Language Teacher on Italki. I've been working on italki.com for more than two years. I love working here, and I love the friends I've made here. Over this time, I've had some happy times and sad times. I know that key to being a successful teacher is being able to provide individualised lessons, that meet each student's different goals, needs and ability. I always try my best to achieve that and to understand my students as people. Sometimes, people make mistakes, and so have I. Language learning is inherently a cross-cultural process. Misunderstandings are easy. Sometimes, what seems small to me can make a very big difference to a student. Teaching is a caring profession. I get personally involved, because I care about my students, and sometimes, I get to know them very well. It's hard to keep a professional distance and detachment, and sometimes I've got too involved. So when something happens, when for whatever reason, a student leaves, it's very hard for me. I sometimes feel hurt and rejected, but I always want to wish my ex-students well with their new teachers, and I hope everything works out well for them. I always welcome people back, if they want, no questions asked. I always use these events as an opportunity for self-reflection and self-examination. I want to thank all the students who have stayed with me for your company and trust. I always work very hard and try my best to keep my promise of professional, individualised assistance. Learning a language needs a partnership, companions on a learning journey, and this is what I promise to always try my very hardest to provide to my students. Thank you all so much.
1

Two Years Of Being A Language Teacher on Italki.

I've been working on italki.com for more than two years. I love working here, and I love the friends I've made here. Over this time, I've had some happy times and sad times.

I know that key to being a successful teacher is being able to provide individualised lessons, that meet each student's different goals, needs and ability. I always try my best to achieve that and to understand my students as people.

Sometimes, people make mistakes, and so have (do) I. Language learning is inherently a cross-cultural process. Misunderstandings are easy. Sometimes, what seems small to me can make a very big difference to a student.

Teaching is a caring profession. I get personally involved, because I care about my students, and sometimes, I get to know them very well. It's hard to keep a professional distance and detachment, and sometimes I've got(ten) too involved.

So when something happens, when for whatever reason, a student leaves, it's very hard for me. I sometimes feel hurt and rejected, but I always want to wish my ex-students well with their new teachers, and I hope everything works out well for them. I always welcome people back, if they want, no questions asked. I always use these events as an opportunity for self-reflection and self-examination.

I want to thank all the students who have stayed with me for your company and trust. I always work very hard and try my best to keep my promise of professional, individualised assistance. Learning a language needs a partnership, companions on a learning journey, and this is what I promise to always try my very hardest to provide to my students.

Thank you all so much.

1

I know that the key to being a successful teacher is being able to provide individualised lessons, that meet each student's different goals, needs, and ability. I always try my best to achieve that and to understand my students as people.

Sometimes, people make mistakes and so have I. Language learning is inherently a cross-cultural process. Misunderstandings are easy. Sometimes, what seems small to me can make a very big difference to a student.

Teaching is a caring profession. I get personally involved, because I care about my students, and sometimes I get to know them very well. It's hard to keep a professional distance and detachment, and sometimes I've gotten too involved.

I want to thank all the students who have stayed with me for their company and trust. I always work very hard and try my best to keep my promise of professional, individualised assistance. Learning a language needs a partnership, companions on a learning journey, and this is what I promise to always try my very hardest to provide to my students.

Thank you all so much.

Really good, just watch the sugject agreement and try to use less commas, exept when listing things. I like your approach I might schedule a lesson with you sometime

Yellow is my correction

I know that the key to being a successful teacher is being able to provide individualized lessons, that meet each student's different goals, needs, and ability. I always try my best to achieve that and to understand my students as people.

Sometimes, people make mistakes, and so have I. Language learning is inherently a cross-cultural process. Misunderstandings are easy. Sometimes, what seems small to me can make a very big difference to a student.

Teaching is a caring profession. I get personally involved, because I care about my students, and sometimes, I get to know them very well. It's hard to keep a professional distance and detachment, and sometimes I've gotten too involved.

I want to thank all the students who have stayed with me for your company and trust. I always work very hard and try my best to keep my promise of professional, individualized assistance. Learning a language needs a partnership, companions on a learning journey, and this is what I promise to always try my very hardest to provide to my students.

Thank you all so much.
February 16, 2016
Not all teacher I know can be as passionate as you. I do admire people like you !
February 16, 2016
This was very touching to read and your enthusiasm as a teacher really shows. You wrote so beautifully that I didn't even notice the very tiny grammatical mistakes! I think both teacher and student have to learn to be accommodating to each other to make a teacher-student relationship (via this learning format) work well. Thanks for sharing your insights!