Siham
Definition of "headhunting" [Someone asked what "headhunted" meant in the context of recruitment. This was my answer to him, I hope it was right and clear.] Example: When a pretty girl is approached by someone on the streets and asked to become a model for (let’s say) Channel. The person who approached her (if he's not a serial killer) is called a "headhunter". Usually when you need a job you go out there, on job market, and try to sell yourself to potential employers. Well, headhunting is the opposite mechanism. Someone, called a "headhunter" goes into the wild and looks for potential employee* (headhunters like to use the word associate/partner/collaborator rather than employee, because you're all going to be best friends, party all night long, and make lots of money in the mean time). Depending on which field the “headhunter” is working in, he would: check Linkedin profiles, tweets, Facebook accounts, toastmasters seminars, TED conventions, college graduation ceremonies, and whatnot.... in order to find the "Pearl". Being "headhunted" is kind of a privilege that happens to those who have the potential of becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg, Jordan Belfort or Gisele Bundchen. Headhunters are not looking for the average employee. They want "la créme de la créme", meaning the best of the best, top skilled person. So, the employee is better be really good after he's hired, or else the "headhunter" would literally "head hunt him" and chop off his head!
1

Definition of "headhunting"

[Someone asked what "headhunted" meant in the context of recruitment. This was my answer to him, I hope it was right and clear.]

Example: When a pretty girl is approached by someone on the streets and asked to become a model for (let’s say) Channel. The person who approached her (if he's not a serial killer) is called a "headhunter".

Usually when you need a job you go out there, on the job market, and try to sell yourself to potential employers. Well, headhunting is the opposite mechanism.

Someone, called a "headhunter" goes into the wild and looks for a potential employee* (headhunters like to use the word associate/partner/collaborator rather than employee, because you're all going to be best friends, party all night long, and make lots of money in the mean time).

Depending on which field the “headhunter” is working in, he would: check Linkedin profiles, tweets, Facebook accounts, toastmasters seminars, TED conventions, college graduation ceremonies, and whatnot.... in order to find the "Pearl".

Being "headhunted" is kind of a privilege that happens to those who have the potential of becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg, Jordan Belfort or Gisele Bundchen.
Headhunters are not looking for the average employee. They want "la créme de la créme", meaning the best of the best, top skilled person. So, the employee is better be really good after he's hired, or else the "headhunter" would literally "head hunt him" and chop off his head!

Yes @theresa an exceptional person that would help make a lot of money for those big firm so that the headhunter can be paid a lot of money in return, it's a vicious circle ^_^
You've go it right. Plus, headhunters are paid a lot of money to find the "right" person. They are searching for an exceptional person usually for a big firm or big business.
Me too and I think If I wasn't a lawyer, I would have been a movie critic O_o Yeah one of those guys that everyone hates ;D hehe I'm going to put "Headhunters" on my list to watch soon.
There's a movie called "headhunters" (staring an actor from Game of Thrones) anyway the protagonist is a headhunter. I'm obsessed with movies. ;-)