Carol
another one 大家好,很高兴和大家成为语言伙伴。
2

another one

大家好,很高兴和大家成为语言伙伴。

The Tianjin explosion happened suddenly, on Wednesday, August 12, leaving the devastation everywhere. More than a hundred people died, and hundreds critically injured in the disaster that was caused by hazardous chemicals stored at the a warehouse were ignited destroyed by fire. Trapped in the fear and sorrow, the residents were posing a at risk of exposure/being exposed to some highly toxic chemicals. However, [untill now I truly believe] I believe that chemistry should not be like this: doing harm to people and the environment. It is time to make a change [for the better] to the practice of traditional chemistry and [for myself]/for my own part, to learn green chemistry.

My name is Qianxi Dang, a student at Northeast Agricultural University, a Project 211 university in China. My major is Applied Chemistry, and I will graduate in 2016 with a Bachelor's degree. I regard Green Chemistry as the beginning of my career development, and I would like to apply for the course in Green Chemistry, Energy and the Environment at Imperial College London, [for having]/to develop the necessary skills and experience in green chemical technologies.

In the past three years of college life I have developed my abilities in learning, daily living and communication.  It has given /brings me more experience in independent study.

It was my first time to live in at a campus far from home. I gradually integrated into the collective life, and got along well with the other five girls from different places in the dormitory. I can resolve problems [the contradictions in life] much better than before. And I joined the Employment Entrepreneurship Association of Northeast Agricultural University during my the first two years. I made some friends and wrote a planning scheme of activities. My life was very busy substantial at that time, and I achieved/found a balance between study and activities.

(In addition,) The days in the laboratory accomplishing an experimental project involved are valuable/precious experience to for me. The first part of the project is to do some assistant work in the laboratory, from which I learnt some operations and the use of some instruments that I had first met/encountered for the first time. After that, I wanted to know more about how a to further/progress the work of the research project work out. Therefore my partner and I applied for a project within the research scope of our supervisor: that the preparation of a nanoemulsion with/from soy protein which, as it is less harmful to people, we wanted to investigate/find the possibility of using in the nanoemulsion as in which it [soy protein] plays the role of the surfactant to replace some toxic organic surfactants. We discussed on the scheme and the chemicals after referring to some the literature. I proposed ethanol as assistant of to the surfactant for its low toxicity and low price, and it has been shown to have a better effect on the preparation. Besides, I completed my first review on the project, which gave me a good introduction into the scientific research. The subsequent/following laboratory practice of Organic Synthesis enabled me to acquire/[have] [a good command of] the necessary experimental skills.

1

Recently I took part in a mathematical contest in modelling. During the one-month-long contest, my teammates and I worked together to solve the problems and arrive at a solution [paper] according to the requirements. After referring to literature and combination with the problem, I found a new solution to the problem --using a Suffix Array, while the other two insisted on using the traditional Hash Algorithm. So we discussed on this and finally reached/came to an agreement about of a specific division of work and using my solution. Actually, I am a green hand in the field of mathematical modelling. After persevering in the challenge, I believe that “where there is a will, there is a way”.
Moreover, I had to prepare for my exams and write laboratory reports at the same time, so I have learned more about how to strike/make a balance between different work requirements/activities.

The days in the laboratory accomplishing an experimental project involved are valuable/precious experience to for me. The first part of the project is to do some assistant work in the laboratory, from which I learnt some operations and the use of some instruments that I had first met/encountered for the first time. After that, I wanted to know more about how a to further/progress the work of the research project work out. Therefore my partner and I applied for a project within the research scope of our supervisor: that the preparation of a nanoemulsion with/from soy protein which, as it is less harmful to people, we wanted to investigate/find the possibility of using in the nanoemulsion as in which it [soy protein] plays the role of the surfactant to replace some toxic organic surfactants. We discussed on the scheme and the chemicals after referring to some the literature. I proposed ethanol as assistant of to the surfactant for its low toxicity and low price, and it has been shown to have a better effect on the preparation. Besides, I completed my first review on the project, which gave me a good introduction into the scientific research. The subsequent/following laboratory practice of Organic Synthesis enabled me to acquire/[have] [a good command of] the necessary experimental skills.

I am interested in what is an emerging field of interdisciplinary study, and that what I have is a basic knowledge of chemistry and the necessary skills, and what I agree is hope to do something of benefit to people and the environment, so I have decided to regard Green Chemistry as the beginning of my career development, and I am applying for the course in Green Chemistry, Energy and the Environment at Imperial College London.