Ryoko
Yoshiko Yamaguchi's memorial This afternoon, I watched the movie,Akira Kurosawa's 'Scandal'(1950). Those main actor were Toshiro Mifune, Yoshiko Yamaguchi and Takashi Shimura. Today's program was Yoshiko Yamaguch's memorial. She passed away at 94 years old last year. She was known for four different names. The first carrier was known singer and actress under name Li Xianglan (李香蘭). She was very popular in 1930-1940s Manchuria China and Japan. After war, She came back to Japan, and She worked in her real name Yoshiko Yamaguchi (山口淑子)and she sometimes appeared in Hollywood films under the name Shirley Yamaguchi. She retired as an actor in the 1960s and became a journalist, a politician and socialist by the name of Yoshiko Otaka(大鷹淑子). Otaka is real family name after her marriage. Her life story has been made into a the stage and TV drama. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshiko_Yamaguchi

Yoshiko Yamaguchi's memorial

This afternoon, I watched the movie,Akira Kurosawa's 'Scandal'(1950). Those main actor were Toshiro Mifune, Yoshiko Yamaguchi and Takashi Shimura.

Today's program was Yoshiko Yamaguch's memorial. She passed away at 94 years old last year.
She was known for four different names. The first carrier was known singer and actress under name Li Xianglan (李香蘭). She was very popular in 1930-1940s Manchuria China and Japan. After war, She came back to Japan, and She worked in her real name Yoshiko Yamaguchi (山口淑子)and she sometimes appeared in Hollywood films under the name Shirley Yamaguchi.

She retired as an actor in the 1960s and became a journalist, a politician and socialist by the name of Yoshiko Otaka(大鷹淑子). Otaka is real family name after her marriage.
Her life story has been made into a the stage and TV drama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshiko_Yamaguchi

Those main actors were Toshiro Mifune, Yoshiko Yamaguchi and Takashi Shimura. (As you are talking about more than one actor you use the plural 's')

After the war, / After WWII (You would tend to use the determiner 'the' as it implies we know which war you are talking about. The other option is tospecify the exact war without 'the' )

and she worked using her real name Yoshiko Yamaguchi (You only use a capital 's' with she if it's after a full stop. You would use the verb 'use' as it's talking about an action, or as Bob said you could use 'under')

Otaka is her real family name after her marriage. (You would use the posessive pronoun to clarify that it is her family name, not another person's.

Just a few minor correction, it was a very interesting piece to read.

Yoshiko Yamaguchi's memorial

This afternoon, I watched the movie, Akira Kurosawa's 'Scandal'(1950). The main actors were Toshiro Mifune, Yoshiko Yamaguchi and Takashi Shimura.

Today's program was Yoshiko Yamaguch's memorial. She passed away at the age of 94 last year.
She was known under four different names. The first one was the famous singer and actress  Li Xianglan (李香蘭). She was very popular in 1930-1940s Manchuria China and Japan. After the war, She came back to Japan, and she worked under her real name Yoshiko Yamaguchi (山口淑子)and she sometimes appeared in Hollywood films under the name Shirley Yamaguchi.

She retired as an actor in the 1960s and became a journalist, a politician and socialist by the name of Yoshiko Otaka(大鷹淑子). Otaka is her real family name after her marriage.

Hello Ryoko,

Interesting text about a famous Japanese person. Just a few small corrections

Bob

Yoshiko Yamaguchi's memorial

This afternoon, I watched the , Akira Kurosawa's movie 'Scandal'(1950). The main actors in it were Toshiro Mifune, Yoshiko Yamaguchi and Takashi Shimura.

Today's program was Yoshiko Yamaguchi's memorial. She passed away at 94 years old last year.
She was known (or "she worked") for under four different names. The In her first career carrier she was known as a singer and actress under the name Li Xianglan (李香蘭). She was very popular in 1930s-1940s Manchuria, China and Japan. After the war, she came back returned to Japan, and She worked in under her real name Yoshiko Yamaguchi (山口淑子), and she also sometimes appeared in Hollywood films under the name Shirley Yamaguchi.

She retired as an actor in the 1960s and became a journalist, a politician and socialist by the name of Yoshiko Otaka(大鷹淑子). Otaka is was her real family name after her marriage.

{Good job! Thanks for sharing this. I wonder if I saw her. I saw an old Kurosawa movie earlier this year.}