Providing a suggestion/advice Maybe I'm wrong about this. I'm from Japan and we provide things proactively. For example, we suggest/advise before they ask for it. We tend to be helpful even when they are not asking for a help etc. It doesn't mean to be nosy or burst through their shell. It comes naturally especially to people you love and care. In America, as I experience their reaction to the standard, they tend to change the subject even though it was them who cracked the conversation. They seemingly get annoyed from my experience. In general, is it better to not "volunteer" unless they directly ask for a help? Is it better off listening and following their leads??

Providing a suggestion/advice

Maybe I'm wrong about this.

I'm from Japan and we provide things proactively. For example, we suggest/advise before they ask for it. We tend to be helpful, even when they are not asking for help. It's not meant to be nosy or burst through their shell. It comes naturally, especially for people you love and care about.

In America, as I experience their reaction to the standard, they tend to change the subject even though it was them who sparked the conversation. They seem to get annoyed from my experience.

In general, is it better to not "volunteer" unless they ask for help directly? Is it better off to listen and follow their lead?