Autumnholic Pau
Write a review (FCE practise) The last film I saw was "the Help", so I would like to review it. It's based on a novel of the same tittle by Kathryn Stockett. The story is a drama sets in Mississippi on the 60s and tells the story of a young girl of a wealthy family that on her attend to turn into a writer starts interviewing the women of the domestic service in order to show other their stories. On a time when people of colour were treated as a different and lower type of persons, Skeeter -performed by Emma Stone- tried to know what it's like to be working in houses of white people. The first maid she talks to is Aibileen, a black woman who grown up seventeen white children. The cast was mainly actresses so the story is lead by women and about women. It is a very moving film because of its meaning. With funny dialogues and lovely characters, this film is an entertaining way to approach the racism problem of the 60s. I would recommend this film to anyone, even those who doesn't like the topyc of racism because "The help" theaches about friendship, loyalty and empathy -things that everyone should know.

Write a review (FCE practise)

The last film I saw was "the Help", so I would like to review it.

It's based on a novel of the same tittle by Kathryn Stockett. The story is a drama sets in Mississippi on from the 60s and tells the story of a young girl of a wealthy family that on her attend intends to turn into a writer, starts interviewing the women of the domestic service in order to show others their stories. On During a time when people of colour were treated as a different and lower type of persons, Skeeter -performed by Emma Stone- tried to know what it's like to be working in the houses of white people. The first maid she talks to is Aibileen, a black woman who grown up rears seventeen white children.

The cast was mainly actresses so the story is lead by women and about women. It is a very moving film because of its meaning. With funny dialogues and lovely characters, this film is an entertaining way to approach the racism problem of the 60s.

I would recommend this film to anyone, even those who doesn't like the topyc of racism because "The Help" theaches about friendship, loyalty and empathy -things that everyone should know.

This was a well written review. You are clearly very passionate about this film and I will make time to watch it myself, thank you! :)