mohammad
A tourist pamphlet about Iran When you visit Iran, there are some important points you should know about. For example, it's not acceptable to shoot photos of people without their permission. In the public you're supposed to cover your head and you're body if you're a woman. And it's not acceptable to wear shorts in the public if you're a man. If you visit religious shrines you're supposed to dress appropriately. You can bargain when you're buying something from traditional stores but the prices are fixed in the malls and supermarkets and you're not supposed to bargain. When you're traveling by bus or train you're supposed to stand up before the station you want to go off so the train or the bus can be on time in the next station. In Iran, you're supposed to say thank you and compliment of it when someone gives you a gift even though you don't like it very much. If someone invited you to his or her house, it's the custom to bring a small gift like some fruits or cookies. And then when you're walked in, you're expected to take off your shoes and you should not enter the living areas with shoes. It's the custom that the host helps you to take off your coat and hangs up your clothes in the appropriate racks and asks you to be more comfortable.