Emma
Terrible Experience Let me share one of my experience. Before that let me give some introduction about myself..I completed the bachelor of technology in the Chennai city, the capital of Tamilnadu state..I can speak and understand English when others speaking..But I could not answer to the people's query.. I would take a moment and then try to reply them... I moved to US with my boyfriend..Situation made me to go to his colleague's home for a function.At that time, I sat among the ladies who were talking simply. Actually, they were all belongs to different state so there was only way to communicate with them by English. One of the lady asked me that " do you like US and how would you passing your time?" ...perhaps, it's a simple question. I started my conversation but in the mid I was stammered like anything... It was really an embarrassing situation that I have ever had in my life...After that, I didn't even open my mouth....later I realised because of my anxiety it happened.. Nowadays, somehow I managed and replied to others while they were asking me anything...when I watch or overhear any native speaker conversation, frankly saying I would be bit jealous of them... I want badly to speak like them and want to put more vocabulary in my sentence. When it will happen????

Terrible Experience

Let me share one of my experiences. Before that let me give you some a brief introduction about myself..I completed the a bachelor of technology in the Chennai city, the capital of Tamilnadu state..I can speak and understand English when others are speaking, but I could not experience difficulty with answering other people's queries.. I would/often take a moment and then try to reply them...

I moved to US with my boyfriend.. A situation presented which resulted in me going to his colleague's home for a function. At that time, I sat among the ladies who were talking English. Actually, they were all from different states so there was only way to communicate with them, which was in English. One of the ladies asked me that" do you like the US and how would you passing your time?" ...perhaps, it's a simple question. I started my conversation but in the middle I began to stammered like anything... It was really one of the most embarrassing situations that I have ever experienced in my life... After that, I didn't even open my mouth....later I realised it may have happened because of my anxiety..

Nowadays, somehow I managed and reply to others while they were are speaking to me... when I watch or overhear any native speaker conversation, frankly saying I would be I feel a little bit jealous of them... I want badly to speak like them so much and want to put more vocabulary in my sentence. When it will happen????

-------------

Great article Emma - Well done :)  It reminds me of a movie I seen recently called "English Vinglish" (Hindi) - The blue highlight is just re-phrase but I guess it will not be long before you speak like the natives :) Keep up the good work and keep practicing!! Kavalai padaathey! Iravi vanakam :)

Don't worry Nihal... You will soon get native speaker...until then, practise by watching English movies, serials , talk show etc...And don't abandon your confidence...????
I have the same problem. I can understand spoken English but I don't speak fluently. This is really embarrassing. I wanna improve my English speaking skills and be confident but I don't have any native speakers to talk to here in the town where I live.