Dave
Ideas How do one get an idea? Stephen King once said that you get an idea when two things totally unrelated link together, apparently ideas comes from nowhere and the most important thing is to recognize it when it happens instead of trying to make it happen. This approximately quote comes from his book "On Writing: A Memory of a Craft". I started reading this book every morning because it's at that time that my mind is sharp. I'm far away from calling myself a writer but I seem to face one of the biggest struggle that writers have. The famous writer's block, so every day I intend to write in Spanish about a subject and it's always a fight. I lack vocabulary so I already limit myself to easy subject. As days pass I have less and less subject to write about. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be the case in English since I'm fully confident of my skills. A few days ago I rewatched a documentary called "Everything is a Remix" as the title says it talks about creation and originality. We see that some musical rhythm tend to be used in a bunch of different songs or that Kill Bill use a lot of scene coming from other movies like Battle Royal or movies starring Bruce Lee. It says that the content is duplicated, transformed and then something new appears. It is intriguing and you can find this documentary in internet (legally).
1

Ideas

How does one get an idea?

Stephen King once said that you get an idea when two things totally unrelated link together,. Apparently ideas comes from nowhere and the most important thing is to recognize it when it happens instead of trying to make it happen.

This approximately quote comes from his book "On Writing: A Memory of a Craft". I started reading this book every morning because it's at that time that my mind is sharp.

I'm far away from calling myself a writer but I seem to face one of the biggest struggles that writers have,. Tthe famous writer's block.,  sSo every day I intend to write in Spanish about a subject and it's always a fight. I lack vocabulary so I already limit myself to easy subjects.

As days pass I have less and less subjects to write about. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be the case in English since I'm fully confident of my skills.

A few days ago I rewatched a documentary called "Everything is a Remix". aAs the title says it talks about creation and originality. We see that some musical rhythms tend to be used in a bunch of different songs or that Kill Bill uses a lot of scenes coming that come from other movies like Battle Royal or movies starring Bruce Lee.

"Everything is a Remix" It says that the content is duplicated, transformed and then something new appears. It is intriguing and you can find this documentary in the internet (legally).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is an interesting notebook entry.  Thanks for making it!