Siham
Have anyone ever encountered a "conceited pompous narrowminded silly" person on italki?(Jane Austen) I've had the funniest encouted few minutes ago on italki. I was writing fast and in an tad funny mood so I thought this can make for a case of correction. Someone asked if anyone was available for an instant one on one English practice, I message the person back and here's how it went: Me: Hi there ! Do you still want to practice English ... Aug 29, 2015 23:01 X: Yes, and I am sorry but I have to warm you that I am not interested in any religious discussions. Aug 29, 2015 23:11 Me: X, you just made my day, I'm very puzzled now. You yanked my attention, why would you think I'd be interested in "any religious discussions"? If this is a general question you ask all your language partner, please do forgive my enquiring. Cordialy. Aug 29, 2015 23:21 X: I just checked your profile and your comments madame. Have a great day! Aug 29, 2015 23:33 Me: Thank you X, you too. Thaugh I have no clue waht just happed here or wahat you went on imagining... But I wish you all the luck in your language learning journey. Aug 29, 2015 23:39 X: Your homophobia says a lot of you. Aug 29, 2015 23:57 Me: X, In a wave of desolation my mind is telling me to ignore you at this point; but I would hate for us to part on a very big misunderstanding and tarnish my experience on italki. Obviously you are referring to my comment on the discussion about polygamy. And I can only attribute the qui pro quo to the fact that you don’t fully master the French language. I urge you to read it quietly and slowly or ask a "native" French speaker to analyze my comment for you. If you knew anything about me -which you don't- you would have known how utterly ironic your accusing me of homophobia is. Please do make us of more open mindeness and equanimity. I am to take leave at this point. Cheers. Aug 30, 2015 00:23 X: And you must master the Spanish language. Lol Aug 30, 2015 00:25 Fortunately I read your profile before accepting your request. Aug 30, 2015 00:26
3

Have anyone ever encountered a "conceited, pompous, narrow-minded, silly" person on italki?(Jane Austen)

I had the funniest encounter a few minutes ago on italki. I was writing quickly (need an adverb, not an adjective) fast and I was in a bit of a  tad funny mood so I thought it would be a good thing to submit for correction can make for a case of correction. (The construction of your sentence was very strange so instead of trying to make it grammatically correct, I have just changed it to something more natural.)
Someone asked if anyone was available for an instant one on one English practice, so I messaged the person back and here's how it went:

Me: Hi there ! Do you still want to practice English ... Aug 29, 2015 23:01
X: Yes, and I am sorry but I have to warn you that I am not interested in any religious discussions. Aug 29, 2015 23:11
Me: X, you just made my day, I'm very puzzled now. You yanked (have grabbed) my attention, why would you think I'd be interested in "any religious discussions"?

If this is a general question that you ask all your language partners, please do forgive my enquiring. Cordially. Aug 29, 2015 23:21 

X: I just checked your profile and your comments madame. Have a great day! Aug 29, 2015 23:33
Me: Thank you X, you too. Thaugh I have no clue what just happened here or what you were on imagining... But I wish you all the luck in the world on your language learning journey/I wish you lots of luck in your language learning journey. Aug 29, 2015 23:39
X: Your homophobia says a lot about of you. Aug 29, 2015 23:57
Me: X,
In a wave of desolation my mind is telling me to ignore you at this point; but I would hate for us to part on a very big misunderstanding and tarnish my experience on italki.
Obviously you are referring to my comment on the discussion about polygamy. And I can only attribute the 'quiproquo' to the fact that you haven't don’t fully mastered the French language.
I urge you to read it quietly and slowly or ask a "native" French speaker to analyze my comment for you.
If you knew anything about me -which you don't- you would have known how utterly ironic your accusing me of homophobia is.
Please try to be more open-minded and less quick to jump to conclusions. do make us of more open mindeness and equanimity.
I am to take leave at this point. (Not very natural, 'I am leaving now' or 'I am going to leave/go now.')
Cheers. Aug 30, 2015 00:23
X: And you must master the Spanish language. Lol Aug 30, 2015 00:25
Fortunately I read your profile before accepting your request. Aug 30, 2015 00:26

1

Has anyone ever encountered a "conceited, pompous, narrow-minded silly" person on italki?(Jane Austen)

I had the funniest encouter a few minutes ago on italki. I was writing fast and in an tad bit of a funny mood, so I thought this could make a case for correction.
Someone asked if anyone was available for an instant one-on-one English practice. I message the person back, and here's how it went:

Me: Hi there! Do you still want to practice English? 
X: Yes, and I am sorry, but I have to warn you that I am not interested in any religious discussions.
Me: X, you just made my day! I'm very puzzled now. You drew my attention. Why would you think I'd be interested in "any religious discussions"? If this is a general question you ask all your language partners, please do forgive my inquiry.
X: I had just checked your profile and your comments madame. Have a great day!
Me: Thank you X, you too. Though I have no clue what just happed here or what you were imagining... But I wish you all the luck in your language learning journey.
X: Your homophobia says a lot about you.
Me: X,
In a wave of desolation, my mind is telling me to ignore you at this point; but I would hate for us to part on a very big misunderstanding and tarnish my experience on italki.
Obviously, you are referring to my comment on the discussion about polygamy. And I can only attribute the quid pro quo to the fact that you haven't fully mastered the French language.
I urge you to read it quietly and slowly or to ask a "native" French speaker to analyze my comment for you.
If you knew anything about me--which you don't--you would have known how utterly ironic your accusing me of homophobia is.
Please be more open-minded and make more usexpensive of mindfulness.
I am going to leave at this point.
Cheers.
X: And you must master the Spanish language. Lol
Fortunately, I read your profile before accepting your request.

@hahahaah @Michael K you made me laugh so, dont you worry I have high tolerance for bigotry and silliness and I tend to turn it into jokes or sarcasm (my only weapon). Although I feel for the guy now that I know his story, may he get some help.
Anyway, you're fabulous Siham. Keep being you and ignore the haters ;)
Yep, he is well known as someone who has a lot of problems. We in the mental health industry in the USA refer to people such as him as "diagnosable", meaning that he needs treatment. It is kind of sad, really. I hope that people do not get a bad idea of Colombia due to him. I have met many wonderful people from there.