Mana
Job Hunting in Japan Most big companies in Japan hire senior college students around the same time. Some companies don't require a technical skill, but they regard a personality as important because they think that young employees should get some skills doing their job after joining their company and expect them to work at their company for a long time. This system would give a chance to get a good job to students who even don't have a skill for it, but if you already graduate from school or quit your job, it will be more difficult to get a job. (especially in big companies) When it comes to salary, it generally depends on how long employees work there, which it is called seniority wage system. It is still a decisive factor when you get paid or a promotion. Sometimes you might not be rewarded for your excellent job. (I'm not sure this case applies to every company)

Job Hunting in Japan

Most big companies in Japan hire senior college students around the same time. Some companies don't require a technical skill, but they regard a personality as important because they think that young employees should get some skills doing their job after joining their company and expect them to work at their company for a long time. This system would give students a chance to get a good job who don't even have the skill for it, but if you already graduate from school or quit your job, it will be more difficult to get a job. (especially in big companies)

When it comes to salary, it generally depends on how long employees work there, which it is called seniority wage system. It is still a decisive factor when you get paid or get a promotion. Sometimes you might not be rewarded for your excellent job. (I'm not sure this case applies to every company)

<em>Is it difficult to start a small business in Japan?</em>

Last month I saw a TV documentary about the constant labor demand that Japan has nowadays. I think this is a reflection of Japan's biggest problem: people getting older and older and not much people being born.