Lea
My brain is Scattered I'm on Italki because I want to improve my English skill. My friend ever told me that I have to think in English, not in my native language. At that time, I don't understand how to think in English because I have no words. Even if I know some English words and know the grammar though, I have to use those words contextually. It's hard for me, because people around me is not speaking English. The only best way for me is watching the English movie or listening to the songs. It might be not worked too if I got the wrong movie, I meant many movies or songs in English are using the slang or their grammar is wrong. I'm still trying to think in English in my daily days. But it's hard for my to concentrate because I'm confused which words I have to use. English is unlike 'bahasa', because English has lots similar words. It's not rare I got my brain scattered when I was panic because I couldn't speak it out what I wanted to say and I don't want to make my partner waiting me too long to finish my speaking. I want to know from you who has an advance English skill, is my thoughts about learning-from-movie isue false? Thank you.
2

My brain is Scattered

I'm on Italki because I want to improve my English skill. My friend ever even told me that I have to think in English, not in my native language. At that time, I don't understand how to think in English because I have no words. Even if I know some English words and know the grammar though, I have to use those words contextually. It's hard for me, because people around me is are (people is a plural noun)not speaking English. The only best way for me is watching the English movies or listening to the songs (since you're not being spefic you wouldn't need to use the article "the"). It might be not worked not work too if I got the wrong movie, I meant many movies or songs in English are using use the slang or their grammar is wrong.
I'm still trying to think in English daily in my daily days. But it's hard for my to concentrate because I'm confused which words I have to use. English is unlike 'bahasa', because English has lots of similar words. It's not rare I got my for my brain to be scattered when I was panic because I couldn't speak it out what I wanted to say and I don't want to make my partner waiting for me too long to finish my speaking (or you could say "for me too long to finish my thought").

I want to know from you those who have an advance English skill, is are my thoughts about learning-from-movie isue false? Thank you.

thank you, Arnold!
I learned English mostly from movies, videogames, novels, etc. Actually, I never took a "formal class" of English, just the basic stuff one learn at Mexican schools. I think is normal to get stuck when we are "thinking in English", because our brain is still not well adapted to that, and it will take time to catch up. My advice: keep what you are doing, you'll see that improvement will come in no time.