Karl Franz
The Time Machine by H.G.Wells. Chapters 7-9 Chapter 7 In one of his excursions the time traveller notices what appears to be a green porcelain like building in the distance. With Weena by his side, he decides to adventure, and figure out what this structure is all about. Chapter 8 The green porcelain looking building is actually a long abandoned museum. The time traveller proceeds to explore it. Most things are useless in there, and of little practical interest. They provide little knowledge to him about the course of human evolution. He does manage to find a box of matches, some pieces of camphor, and a crowbar. He also has the intense feeling that in the dark corners of the museum, he is been watched and followed by Morlocks. Chapter 9 The time traveller starts to head back home. He needs to go through the forest and back to the Eloi. However he decides to camp in the forest, fearing he will get lost at night. He builds a campfire hoping it will keep the Morlocks away. This does not prove to be effective, so he still gets attacked. He abandons the campfire and in the middle of the night tries to escape.. With the help of a box of matches, the camphor pieces set on fire and used as projectiles, and a crowbar, he runs like crazy with Weena in his arms. He manages to escape and decides to stop and make a second campfire. Completely exhausted now, he falls asleep. He wakes up being attacked by Morlocks again. The campfire has gone out, and Weena is nowhere to be seen,. He tries to find her and furiously fights for his life. Weena however is nowhere to be seen and the Morlocks are just too many for him to handle. He suddenly observes though that the Morlocks stop attacking. He realizes that he has set the whole forest on fire by mistake. The Morlocks get blind by the bright light of the forest flames, and also have no idea how to react to the fire. Many get burned alive.