Zilia
First Entry Just like most of the English language students, I started learning English at school. Honestly, at first, I did not see any use of it. It was a compulsory subject, so I had to do it whether I liked it or not. But at some point I started getting bad marks and decided that I had to change the situation. After a while English became my favourite subject at school, and I started really enjoying it. It opened to me a whole new world of the English-speaking countries: now I was able to watch movies, read books in their original language, understand the meaning of many popular songs (which I soon decided to stop listening to). But I never used English as a communication tool, and that may be the main reason why I have not seen any progress in my English during last couple of years. Of course, there have been some attempts to start a conversation with a native speaker both online and offline. But every time I started talking I could not utter anything comprehensible. Most of those experiences have been really frustrating, and I'd like to change that. English is still one of my favourite languages, and I really hope that my future job will be connected with it, so I think these are quite good reasons to start working on it again!

First Entry

Just like most of the English language students, I started learning English at school. Honestly, at first, I did not see any use of for it. It was a compulsory subject, so I had to do it whether I liked it or not. But at some point I started getting bad marks and decided that I had to change the my situation. After a while English became my favourite subject at school, and I started really enjoying it. It opened to me a whole new world of the English-speaking countries: Now I was able to watch movies, read books in their original language, and understand the meaning of many popular songs (which I soon decided to stop listening to). (Smart girl! Pop music sucks. Polka all the way. :P)
But I never used English as a communication tool, and that may be the main reason why I have not seen any progress in my English during the last couple of years. Of course, there have been some attempts to start a conversation with a native speaker both online and offline. But every time I started talking I could not can't utter anything comprehensible. Most of these experiences have been really frustrating, and I'd like to change that. English is still one of my favourite languages, and I really hope that my future job will be connected with to it, so I think these are quite good reasons to start working on it again!

Wow. Your English is impeccable! I changed a few things to present tense because you said there "have been some attempts" instead of "had been". It's not really wrong either way - at least not to the average native English speaker. I'm just nitpicky. :P

I hope you continue learning English because you're clearly on the cusp of being fluent. I wish you the best of luck!

Welcome Sarah, you write really very well! I should think your speaking skills should also be very good.