Ivana
Being vegetarian. I decided to become a vegetarian for 5 years ago. That happened when I've seen many documentaries that showed what happen at slaughterhouses. What they do is extremely cruel. I can't understand why we can love a dog and a cat and don't love a cow,for exemplo. The animals has the right to life as us, they should be loved as us. To became a vegetarian was the best thing I did.Now, I eat consciously and I'm more happy because of that. The food industry is cruel and would have us believe that we need to eat meat. But it's lie. We can find protein in many dark vegetables and grains. The animals deserve respect and love. They're lives, not food. That cruelty need to stop. There are many good documentaries about it like forks over knifes, earthlings... That's the best way to know about the truth that food industry hide of us.
1

Being vegetarian.

I decided to become a vegetarian for 5 years ago. That happened when I saw many documentaries that showed what happens at slaughterhouses. What they do is extremely cruel. I can't understand why we can love a dog and a cat and not love a cow, for example. The animals have the right to life like us, they should be loved like us. To became a vegetarian was the best thing I did. Now, I eat consciously and I'm more happy because of that.

The food industry is cruel and would have us believe that we need to eat meat. But it's a lie. We can find protein in many dark vegetables and grains. The animals deserve respect and love. They're living beings, not food. That cruelty needs to stop. There are many good documentaries about it like forks over knifes, earthlings... That's the best way to know about the truth that food industry hides from us.

<em>I agree the slaughterhouse changes how you perceive meat, I still remember going to one!</em>

I decided become a vegetarian when I was 14 years old and, I feel me more happy now.
Hi Kiyama. You can eat animals if you want, but you a have a choice of don't eat them. The difference between animals and us is that we have the thinking capacity. Then, we can choice don't eat them to not cause unnecessary pain and suffering. Animals kill by instinct because is their nature. We can think and conclude that there are many ways to get healthy food without violence and suffering. By the way, I don't eat animals because I respect all forms of life that have feelings as you and me. :)
I'm glad you have shared your experience about becoming a vegetarian. I have to say that I don't share your point of view. I don't think humans are like animals after all, they are somewhat superior. Aside for that though, if animals aren't food, why on earth there are other animals who eat animals? That's no sense, I think it's natural to eat animals. Anyways, this is a subject for a large discussion. I'm glad that you have found something that make you happy.