chi
IELTS- TASK 1 WRITING The line graph shows the upward trend for the proportion of the population aged 65 and over in USA, Sweden and Japan for the period of 100 years. Overall, it can be seen that in 1940, the percentage of people whose ages is 65 years old and over was all high (between 5% and 10%), especially USA was the highest population of three countries, at around 9%. And it continued to rise gradually throughout 40 years (1940-1980) in USA, Sweden. However, from that time on the proportion of elderly fell slightly and remained stable for the next 30 years in USA. It is expected to rise quickly during the remainder of the century. Similarly Sweden have had a sudden climb from 1990 to 2020 by 20% then it is likely to go up dramatically. In contrast, to begin, the proportion of people of 65 years old was lower than USA, Sweden at around 5%. Then during 20 years it declined significantly and stayed the same by 4% between 1960 and 2000. But the percentage of older people and over has increased slightly around 30 years then there will be upward trend over the next 40 years.