Masa Wakabayashi
greeting costom Greeting is the most important thing to communicate with someone. A month ago,I had a chance to communicate with western univirsty student such as Harvard, Oxford.Prinston and spend with them about a week in Komatsu,Ishikawa as a member of international exchange program.They taught me a lot of things what they are learning in their university and I introduced them about Japanese culture. After finishing program we have became best friends although it's been only a week since we knew each other for the first time.When they part from me. I felt feeling the sorrow of parting. I became sad.One female college student who goes to university in US. realize my emotion and huged me suddenly.I felt happy but little bit be surprised because I thougt hagging is the thing which is couple do.In Japan,most people do not hug with friend .But I was understood hagging with friend is the custom of greeting in western country.I felt difference of culure between Japan and western country in unexpected.This surprise made me think about custom of greetings of world countries.Since then I have studied about greeting culture of each country. While I study about it ,I found some interesting greetings. For example, mongolian people smells each other when they met their friends to share nostalgia. Tibetan people take out tongue when they met someone to show respect. Kiyuku tribe people take spit to their friends .It is surprising for westerners or Japanese people but it has meaning of the talisman against evil in Kiyuku tribe. In this way, even if custom of foreign country looks odd,it has meaning which they put wish. In modern global society,it is often say the importance to communicate with people around the world. But as globalization advances, opposition by difference of culture or lack of understanding to another culture are increasing.101 I think this opposition can be prevented by the effort that is going to understand each other . Understanding greeting costom of other country is one of the most important and easiest effort to push forward the communication with the foreigner smoothly. I'm just highschool student,so I can't solve a diplomatic issue. But I can interchange triggered by greetings. So I want to start communication by the greetings of the country.

greeting customs

Greetings is the most important thing to communicate with someone.
A month ago,I had a chance to communicate with Western university students from places such as Harvard, Oxford, and Princeton and spend with them about a week in Komatsu, and Ishikawa as a member of the international exchange program.They taught me a lot of things about what they are learning in their university, and I introduced them about to Japanese culture. After finishing the program we have became best friends, although it's been only a week since we knew met each other for the first time. When they parted from me["When they parted from me" isn't wrong, but "When they left me" would be more common]

I felt feeling the sorrow of parting.
I became sad. One female college student who goes to university in the US realized my emotion feelings and hugged me suddenly. I felt happy, but a little bit be surprised because I thougt hugging is the thing which is that couples do. In Japan, most people do not hug with friends .But I was understood understanding that hugging with friends is the custom of greeting in Western countries. I felt found the difference of culture between Japan and Western countries in unexpected. This surprise made me think about the custom of greetings of world countries. Since then, I have studied about the greeting cultures of each country.
While I studied about it, I found some interesting greetings.
For example, Mongolian people smells each other when they meet their friends to share nostalgia.
Tibetan people take out their tongues when they meet someone to show respect.
Kiyuku tribe people take spit to their friends. It is surprising for Westerners or Japanese people but it has the meaning of the talisman against evil in the Kiyuku tribe.
In this way, even if the customs of foreign countries looks odd, it has meaning which they put wish in.
In modern global society, it is often said of the importance to communicate with people around the world, but as globalization advances, opposition by difference of culture or
lack of understanding to another culture are increasing.
I think this opposition can be prevented by the effort that is going to understand each other .
Understanding the greeting customs of other another country is one of the most important and easiest effort to
push forward the communication with the a foreigner smoothly.
I'm just highschool student, so I can't
solve a diplomatic issue,
but I can interchange[interchange isn't correct, but I'm not sure what is trying to be said exactly to correct] triggered by greetings.
So I want to start communication by
the greetings of the country.