Victoria Tran
Traffic and Transport in my hometown There are several different means of public transport in my city, namely bus, train, airplane and boat. But bus is the only choice can be used to travel around the city. However, there aren’t many routes so few people use it as a regular vehicle. Another drawback of it is that it doesn’t always come on time so bus is probably not a good choice when you’re in a hurry. Motorbike is certainly the most popular vehicle in my city with approximately 1 million motorbikes in use according to a recent statistic. Nevertheless, the streets of the city are mostly narrow with a lot of people travelling. So maybe motorbike is the most convenient vehicle in spite of mainly causing air pollution in the city. From my point of view, it’s essential that the local government should improve the quality of public transport in order to reduce the number of individual vehicles due to 2 reasons. Firstly, emission from motorbikes is the key factor contributing a significant part in air pollution of the city. That is the reason why we often have to wear a mask to protect us from toxic smoke when travelling. Besides, traffic jams sometimes occur in rush hours at the moment but I strongly believe that they will happen more often as the quantity of vehicles are increasing steadily. Last but not least, there should be more pavements so that people can walk more safely in the street.

Traffic and TransportATION in my hometown

There are several different means of public transportATION in my city: namely THE/BY bus, train, airplane and boat. But THE bus is the only choice THAT can be used to travel around the city. However, there aren’t many routes so (ONLY A) few people use it as a regular vehicle. Another drawback is that it doesn’t always come on time so THE bus is probably not a good choice when you’re in a hurry.

MotorbikeS ARE certainly the most popular vehicle in my city, with approximately 1 million motorbikes in use according to recent statisticS. Nevertheless, the CITY streets are mostly narrow DUE TO a lot of people traveling. So maybe motorbikeS ARE the most convenient vehicle in spite of BEING THE MAIN CAUSE OF air pollution in the city.

From my point of view, it’s essential that the local government improve the quality of public transportATION in order to reduce the number of individual vehicles FOR 2 reasons. Firstly, emission from motorbikes is the key factor CAUSING significant air pollution IN the city. That is the reason why we often have to wear maskS to protect us from toxic smoke when traveling. SECONDLY, AT THE MOMENT, traffic jams sometimes occur in rush hours, but I strongly believe that they will happen more often as the quantity of vehicles KEEPS increasing. Last but not least, there should be more SIDEWALKS so that people can walk more safely on the streets.

===

Nice job! Tip: try not to start sentences with "but" or "however" since those words are links to previous thoughts, thoughts which can often be included in the same sentence with the use of ;.